I'm going to convert my screened porch to a 4 season room. It has a gable roof and is open to the living area. To properly insulate it, I was planning on vented soffit, ridge vent, insulation batts and ventilation baffles. How many baffles do I need? Between each rafter?
Also - do they need to go the length from soffit to ridge vent, or will one section at the bottom suffice?
I'm putting T and G right onto rafters for the finished ceiling.
The proper vent system will depend on how much & type of insullation. I recomend using a Smart Vent by DCI rather than soffit vents. It is not hard to install. It will cost more but is worth it in the long run. I manage a Large home improvement company and we use it all of the time. Email me and I will give you my phone number. I am more than happy to give you free advise over the phone. firstname.lastname@example.org
- 15 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 17 Design Inspirations for Mudrooms and Entryways
- 25 Clever Ideas for Repurposed Storage
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- 30 Things Every Homeowner Should Know How to Do
- 11 Clever Alternatives to Kitchen Cabinets
- 10 Planters You Can Make Out of Everyday Things
- 21 "Expert Picks" for Fail-Safe Colors
- Garden Paths: 12 Easy-to-Imitate Stone Walkways
- 20 Ways to Make a Small Bathroom Big
- 9 Incredible Faux Finishes Possible with Paint
- 10 Sly Spots Where You Can Stash Your Storage Stuff
- 10 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- 10 Room Dividers to Bring Order to Your Space
- 11 Creative Garden Borders You Can Make—Easily!
- Tips and Tricks to Fit More into Less Closet Space
- Secret Rooms: 10 Special Spaces Hidden from Sight