I'm going to convert my screened porch to a 4 season room. It has a gable roof and is open to the living area. To properly insulate it, I was planning on vented soffit, ridge vent, insulation batts and ventilation baffles. How many baffles do I need? Between each rafter?
Also - do they need to go the length from soffit to ridge vent, or will one section at the bottom suffice?
I'm putting T and G right onto rafters for the finished ceiling.
The proper vent system will depend on how much & type of insullation. I recomend using a Smart Vent by DCI rather than soffit vents. It is not hard to install. It will cost more but is worth it in the long run. I manage a Large home improvement company and we use it all of the time. Email me and I will give you my phone number. I am more than happy to give you free advise over the phone. [email protected]
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 7 Surprising Other Uses for Mayonnaise
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 21 Ways to Spring Clean—Naturally
- Show Off: 9 Ways to Display a Collection
- The Best Paint Colors for Low-Light Rooms
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 8 Clever Storage Solutions for Pots & Pans
- 8 Creative OTHER Ways to Use a Closet
- 12 Tiny Gardens to Grow on a Tabletop
- 15 Eye-Catching Front Door Options
- 12 Places You Never Clean—But Should!