I'm going to convert my screened porch to a 4 season room. It has a gable roof and is open to the living area. To properly insulate it, I was planning on vented soffit, ridge vent, insulation batts and ventilation baffles. How many baffles do I need? Between each rafter?
Also - do they need to go the length from soffit to ridge vent, or will one section at the bottom suffice?
I'm putting T and G right onto rafters for the finished ceiling.
The proper vent system will depend on how much & type of insullation. I recomend using a Smart Vent by DCI rather than soffit vents. It is not hard to install. It will cost more but is worth it in the long run. I manage a Large home improvement company and we use it all of the time. Email me and I will give you my phone number. I am more than happy to give you free advise over the phone. [email protected]
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 7 Surprising Other Uses for Mayonnaise
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 11 Lessons to Learn from AirBnB's Tiniest Homes
- 10 DIY Ways to Redo Your Wall—Without Paint
- 8 Smart Shoe Racks You Can Make Today
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- Worth It: 8 Renovations That Pay You Back
- 7 House Sounds Never to Ignore
- Watch These 10 Home Trends Take Off in 2015
- 11 Things Never to Keep in Your Bedroom
- 12 Places You Never Clean—But Should!