I'm going to convert my screened porch to a 4 season room. It has a gable roof and is open to the living area. To properly insulate it, I was planning on vented soffit, ridge vent, insulation batts and ventilation baffles. How many baffles do I need? Between each rafter?
Also - do they need to go the length from soffit to ridge vent, or will one section at the bottom suffice?
I'm putting T and G right onto rafters for the finished ceiling.
The proper vent system will depend on how much & type of insullation. I recomend using a Smart Vent by DCI rather than soffit vents. It is not hard to install. It will cost more but is worth it in the long run. I manage a Large home improvement company and we use it all of the time. Email me and I will give you my phone number. I am more than happy to give you free advise over the phone. [email protected]
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- Make Your Bed: 9 DIY Headboards
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- Space-Saving Solutions for Tiny Bedrooms
- 9 Perfect Color Combos for Your Home
- 22 Tiny Houses We Love
- See the Most Highly Anticipated Colors for 2015
- What's the Best Color for Living Rooms?
- Favorite Space-Saving Double-Duty Furniture
- 10 Low-Cost DIY Home Security Solutions
- Redecorate Without Spending a Dime: 10 Ideas
- 10 Houseplants You Can Grow Anywhere
- 9 Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 10 Doable Designs for a DIY Rug
- 9 Alternative Uses for Toothpaste
- Live Large in a (Very) Small Space
- 8 Cheap and Unique DIY Nightstands
- 15 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- Supersize Your Small Bath with 8 Pro Tips
- Don't Try This at Home: 7 Dangerous DIYs
- 10 Simple Woodworking Projects
- Is There Anything Vinegar Can't Do?
- 7 Incredible Uses for Salvaged Lumber
- 12 Tiny Gardens You Can Grow on a Tabletop
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 10 Surprisingly Smart Solutions for Junk Drawers
- Bright & Bold Colors for Your Front Door
- DIY Bookcases: 16 Easy Project Ideas
- Don't Make These 7 Fireplace Mistakes