I'm going to convert my screened porch to a 4 season room. It has a gable roof and is open to the living area. To properly insulate it, I was planning on vented soffit, ridge vent, insulation batts and ventilation baffles. How many baffles do I need? Between each rafter?
Also - do they need to go the length from soffit to ridge vent, or will one section at the bottom suffice?
I'm putting T and G right onto rafters for the finished ceiling.
The proper vent system will depend on how much & type of insullation. I recomend using a Smart Vent by DCI rather than soffit vents. It is not hard to install. It will cost more but is worth it in the long run. I manage a Large home improvement company and we use it all of the time. Email me and I will give you my phone number. I am more than happy to give you free advise over the phone. email@example.com
- 10 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 11 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 12 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- Kitchen Envy: 10 Rooms We Love
- 25 Clever Ideas for Repurposed Storage
- 10 Surprising Ways to Cure Household Odors
- 11 Ways to Winterize Your Home on a Budget
- 10 Ways to Live Large in a Small Space
- 10 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- Dressing Up the Dresser: 11 Clever DIY Transformations
- 12 Hobbit Houses to Make You Consider Moving Underground
- 10 Ways to Use Mirrors to Your Design Advantage
- 10 New Uses for Old Doors
- How To: Paint EVERYTHING
- Man, Oh Man! 7 Unbelievable Guy Spaces
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 12 Wow-Worthy Woods for Kitchen Countertops
- 10 "Neat" Garage Storage Solutions
- 10 Houseplants to Improve Indoor Air Quality
- How To: Clean EVERYTHING