What is recommended for painting engineered siding? At least I hope this is the type of siding I have. It looks like fibers on the inside yet has a wood grain look on the outside. It has already been painted before but not very well so it's gonna be a nightmare. While I would rather replace the siding, funds are not available so painting is the only options at this point.
Any information would be greatly appreciated.
If you are not sure of the surface to be painted, do a test sample. Oil primer and latex finish is a good way to paint almost all siding products.
The front of the house facing east is peeling pretty bad with some other spots cracking. Looks like cheap top coat that was put on at the wrong time of year and day.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 13 Lazy Cleaning Tricks for a Spotless Home
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 7 House Sounds You Never Want to Ignore
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- Worth It: 8 Renovations That Pay You Back
- Organize Your Life with 12 Dollar-Store Buys
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- Don't Make These 7 Mistakes in Small Spaces
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 15 Totally Unexpected DIY Flooring Alternatives
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 10 Closet Cures That Cost Less Than $100
- 11 Easy DIY Projects to Declutter Your Home
- 10 "Zero Dollar" Garden Hacks
- 10 Killproof Plants for a No-Effort Landscape
- 9 Insanely Easy 1-Hour Backyard Projects