What is recommended for painting engineered siding? At least I hope this is the type of siding I have. It looks like fibers on the inside yet has a wood grain look on the outside. It has already been painted before but not very well so it's gonna be a nightmare. While I would rather replace the siding, funds are not available so painting is the only options at this point.
Any information would be greatly appreciated.
If you are not sure of the surface to be painted, do a test sample. Oil primer and latex finish is a good way to paint almost all siding products.
The front of the house facing east is peeling pretty bad with some other spots cracking. Looks like cheap top coat that was put on at the wrong time of year and day.
- 10 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 11 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 12 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- Kitchen Envy: 10 Rooms We Love
- 25 Clever Ideas for Repurposed Storage
- 10 Surprising Ways to Cure Household Odors
- 11 Ways to Winterize Your Home on a Budget
- 10 Ways to Live Large in a Small Space
- 10 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- Dressing Up the Dresser: 11 Clever DIY Transformations
- 12 Hobbit Houses to Make You Consider Moving Underground
- 10 Ways to Use Mirrors to Your Design Advantage
- 10 New Uses for Old Doors
- How To: Paint EVERYTHING
- Man, Oh Man! 7 Unbelievable Guy Spaces
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 12 Wow-Worthy Woods for Kitchen Countertops
- 10 "Neat" Garage Storage Solutions
- 10 Houseplants to Improve Indoor Air Quality
- How To: Clean EVERYTHING