What is recommended for painting engineered siding? At least I hope this is the type of siding I have. It looks like fibers on the inside yet has a wood grain look on the outside. It has already been painted before but not very well so it's gonna be a nightmare. While I would rather replace the siding, funds are not available so painting is the only options at this point.
Any information would be greatly appreciated.
If you are not sure of the surface to be painted, do a test sample. Oil primer and latex finish is a good way to paint almost all siding products.
The front of the house facing east is peeling pretty bad with some other spots cracking. Looks like cheap top coat that was put on at the wrong time of year and day.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 7 Surprising Other Uses for Mayonnaise
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 8 Cleaning Mistakes Everyone Makes
- 10 Insanely Creative Shelves You Can DIY
- 10 Bargain Organizers for a Tidy Garage
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 9 Backyard Fire Pits You Can Afford
- 10 Things You Didn't Know Windex Can Do
- Watch These 10 Home Trends Take Off in 2015
- Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 16 Garden Borders You Can Make—Easily!