What is recommended for painting engineered siding? At least I hope this is the type of siding I have. It looks like fibers on the inside yet has a wood grain look on the outside. It has already been painted before but not very well so it's gonna be a nightmare. While I would rather replace the siding, funds are not available so painting is the only options at this point.
Any information would be greatly appreciated.
If you are not sure of the surface to be painted, do a test sample. Oil primer and latex finish is a good way to paint almost all siding products.
The front of the house facing east is peeling pretty bad with some other spots cracking. Looks like cheap top coat that was put on at the wrong time of year and day.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- See the Most Highly Anticipated Colors for 2015
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 10 Unexpected Spots for Accent Colors
- 10 Fantastic Furniture Makeovers
- Worth It: 8 Renovations That Pay You Back
- 9 Closet Storage Tips from a Pro Organizer
- 7 Seriously Surprising Spots for a Fireplace
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- 12 Tiny Gardens to Grow on a Tabletop
- Supersize Your Small Bathroom with 8 Tips
- Kitchen Envy: 10 Rooms We Love