I have mold growing on one of my interior basement wall. I have had a structural engineer along with a leak company come out to determine why there is so much moisture in my basement and why only this wall has mold. The wall is in the basement and above the wall or room is another bedroom and outside of the room is the carport. All the wall in my home have higher than normal moisture reading but the one basement wall is the only only with extremely high levels and visible mold problems. No one is able to figure it out. The leak guy suggest a condensation issue, but engineer said no. The engineer suggest maybe an insulation issue. Any ideas?
The main cause of molds in basement is that it doesn’t get proper sunlight and there is very little ventilation in basement areas. Mostly such molds are common during flood damage. Try to clean and dry your house and everything inside it as fast as you can. Use fans, air conditioning or dehumidifiers to dry out your home faster. Condensation is the main causes of mold in basement. You should consult a professional company for the restoration.
Fast dry out property
Fast dry out property
The number one cause of basement mold is moisture and moisture comes through 1) cracks in your basement wall or floor, or 2) the pores of the concrete. This happens to a lot of homeowners because they did not properly seal, or their contractor did not properly seal, their basement before finishing it. More than likely you will have to remove either some or all of the finished basement and use a penetrant sealer, like Foundation Armor, then apply a surface sealer like Drylok. Stop the moisture, stop the mold.
Mold in Basement
Chemical/Vapor odor in basement after mold remediation
Mold in my basement
- 15 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 17 Design Inspirations for Mudrooms and Entryways
- 25 Clever Ideas for Repurposed Storage
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- 30 Things Every Homeowner Should Know How to Do
- 11 Clever Alternatives to Kitchen Cabinets
- 159 Storage Ideas for Space-Starved DIYers
- 21 "Expert Picks" for Fail-Safe Colors
- 9 Easy Ways to Kill Weeds Effectively
- 20 Ways to Make a Small Bathroom Big
- Simple “Under $60” Curb Appeal Updates for Any Home
- 67 Expert Tips to Aid Your Spring Cleaning
- 10 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- 10 Room Dividers to Bring Order to Your Space
- 11 Creative Garden Borders You Can Make—Easily!
- Tips and Tricks to Fit More into Less Closet Space
- Secret Rooms: 10 Special Spaces Hidden from Sight