I have mold growing on one of my interior basement wall. I have had a structural engineer along with a leak company come out to determine why there is so much moisture in my basement and why only this wall has mold. The wall is in the basement and above the wall or room is another bedroom and outside of the room is the carport. All the wall in my home have higher than normal moisture reading but the one basement wall is the only only with extremely high levels and visible mold problems. No one is able to figure it out. The leak guy suggest a condensation issue, but engineer said no. The engineer suggest maybe an insulation issue. Any ideas?
The main cause of molds in basement is that it doesn’t get proper sunlight and there is very little ventilation in basement areas. Mostly such molds are common during flood damage. Try to clean and dry your house and everything inside it as fast as you can. Use fans, air conditioning or dehumidifiers to dry out your home faster. Condensation is the main causes of mold in basement. You should consult a professional company for the restoration.
Fast dry out property
Fast dry out property
The number one cause of basement mold is moisture and moisture comes through 1) cracks in your basement wall or floor, or 2) the pores of the concrete. This happens to a lot of homeowners because they did not properly seal, or their contractor did not properly seal, their basement before finishing it. More than likely you will have to remove either some or all of the finished basement and use a penetrant sealer, like Foundation Armor, then apply a surface sealer like Drylok. Stop the moisture, stop the mold.
Mold in Basement
Chemical/Vapor odor in basement after mold remediation
Mold in my basement
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 30 Things Everyone Should Know
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 20 Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 9 Ways to Troubleshoot the Furnace
- 11 Real Haunted Houses to Visit--If You Dare!
- 9 Alternative Uses for Toothpaste
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 8 Ways to Make a Small Room Look Big
- 21 Expert Picks for Fail-Safe Colors
- 10 Fall Door DIYs for the Best House on the Block
- The Cheapest Ways to Boost Home Value
- 10 New Uses for Old Doors
- 10 Unexpected Uses for Spray Paint
- 8 Unique Ways to Build Your Own Table
- Woodworking for Beginners: 10 Projects
- 8 Amazing Handmade Kitchen Counters
- 10 New Uses for Old Dressers
- 7 Upgrades You Can Do in Under 300 Seconds
- 10 Thrifty DIY Ways to Organize Your Home
- 26 Easy Painted Pumpkins for Halloween
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 5 "Make in a Weekend" Bookshelf Projects
- 9 Decorating Lessons We Learned from Social Media
- 10 "Zero Dollar" Storage Hacks
- 121 DIY Ideas for Halloween
- The 10 Best Things to Buy Secondhand
- 16 Must-See Coffee Tables You Can DIY—Easily!