I have mold growing on one of my interior basement wall. I have had a structural engineer along with a leak company come out to determine why there is so much moisture in my basement and why only this wall has mold. The wall is in the basement and above the wall or room is another bedroom and outside of the room is the carport. All the wall in my home have higher than normal moisture reading but the one basement wall is the only only with extremely high levels and visible mold problems. No one is able to figure it out. The leak guy suggest a condensation issue, but engineer said no. The engineer suggest maybe an insulation issue. Any ideas?
The main cause of molds in basement is that it doesn’t get proper sunlight and there is very little ventilation in basement areas. Mostly such molds are common during flood damage. Try to clean and dry your house and everything inside it as fast as you can. Use fans, air conditioning or dehumidifiers to dry out your home faster. Condensation is the main causes of mold in basement. You should consult a professional company for the restoration.
Fast dry out property
Fast dry out property
The number one cause of basement mold is moisture and moisture comes through 1) cracks in your basement wall or floor, or 2) the pores of the concrete. This happens to a lot of homeowners because they did not properly seal, or their contractor did not properly seal, their basement before finishing it. More than likely you will have to remove either some or all of the finished basement and use a penetrant sealer, like Foundation Armor, then apply a surface sealer like Drylok. Stop the moisture, stop the mold.
Mold in Basement
Chemical/Vapor odor in basement after mold remediation
Mold in my basement
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- Make Your Bed: 9 DIY Headboards
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- Space-Saving Solutions for Tiny Bedrooms
- 9 Perfect Color Combos for Your Home
- 22 Tiny Houses We Love
- See the Most Highly Anticipated Colors for 2015
- What's the Best Color for Living Rooms?
- Favorite Space-Saving Double-Duty Furniture
- 10 Low-Cost DIY Home Security Solutions
- Redecorate Without Spending a Dime: 10 Ideas
- 10 Houseplants You Can Grow Anywhere
- 9 Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 10 Doable Designs for a DIY Rug
- 9 Alternative Uses for Toothpaste
- Live Large in a (Very) Small Space
- 8 Cheap and Unique DIY Nightstands
- 15 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- Supersize Your Small Bath with 8 Pro Tips
- Don't Try This at Home: 7 Dangerous DIYs
- 10 Simple Woodworking Projects
- Is There Anything Vinegar Can't Do?
- 7 Incredible Uses for Salvaged Lumber
- 12 Tiny Gardens You Can Grow on a Tabletop
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 10 Surprisingly Smart Solutions for Junk Drawers
- Bright & Bold Colors for Your Front Door
- DIY Bookcases: 16 Easy Project Ideas
- Don't Make These 7 Fireplace Mistakes