My house was replanked mid-summer. The paint is peeling, perhaps separating is a better word, along the joint line between the hardi and the subfascia wood all along the perimeter (including the gables). The paint is holding up (for now) along the front, it's just along the joint line.
The fascia lower edge is flush with the subfascia, it does not extend lower.
The house got painted roughly 30 minutes before it started raining. Is this the cause, or should the fascia be wider as opposed to even with the subfascia or should the joint line have been caulked (it wasn't)?
Is the fascia sitting on top of the soffit or pass the edge so you can see the bottom ? This joint is exposed to weather and will swell then shrink, (move).. it should hang down below the soffit. 30 minutes is not enough time for any paint to set-up and repel rain. Cut joint edges should be painted too.
The subfascia extends past the soffit. Is it ok to peel off the old paint along the bottom, caulk and repaint?
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 30 Things Everyone Should Know
- 21 Expert Choices for Fail-Safe Paint Colors
- 20 Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 10 IKEA Favorites Made New with Paint
- The Tiniest Appliances You Never Knew Existed
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 8 Ways to Make a Small Room Look Big
- Sweet Dreams: 15 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- 10 Fall Door DIYs for the Best House on the Block
- The Cheapest Ways to Boost Home Value
- 10 New Uses for Old Doors
- 26 Easy Painted Pumpkins for Halloween
- 15 Once-Popular Home Items Now Vanishing
- 8 Unique Ways to Build Your Own Table
- Woodworking for Beginners: 10 Projects
- 7 Reasons to Reconsider Wallpaper
- 10 New Uses for Old Dressers
- 7 Upgrades You Can Do in Under 300 Seconds
- 10 Thrifty DIY Ways to Organize Your Home
- 12 "Different" Ways to Store Firewood
- 5 DIY Farm Table Projects That Will Last a Lifetime
- Beyond White: 11 Bathroom Paint Colors
- 10 DIYs for a Festive Front Door This Fall
- 10 Creative New Ways to Use Old Bottles
- The 10 Best Things to Buy Secondhand
- 16 Must-See Coffee Tables You Can DIY—Easily!