My house was replanked mid-summer. The paint is peeling, perhaps separating is a better word, along the joint line between the hardi and the subfascia wood all along the perimeter (including the gables). The paint is holding up (for now) along the front, it's just along the joint line.
The fascia lower edge is flush with the subfascia, it does not extend lower.
The house got painted roughly 30 minutes before it started raining. Is this the cause, or should the fascia be wider as opposed to even with the subfascia or should the joint line have been caulked (it wasn't)?
Is the fascia sitting on top of the soffit or pass the edge so you can see the bottom ? This joint is exposed to weather and will swell then shrink, (move).. it should hang down below the soffit. 30 minutes is not enough time for any paint to set-up and repel rain. Cut joint edges should be painted too.
The subfascia extends past the soffit. Is it ok to peel off the old paint along the bottom, caulk and repaint?
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 30 Things Everyone Should Know
- 25 Insanely Easy-to-Make Holiday Ornaments
- 20 Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 10 Classic Ways to Brighten Up a Dark Room
- 10 Houseplants to Improve Indoor Air Quality
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 7 Unauthorized Uses for Common Appliances
- 8 Ways to Make a Small Room Look Big
- Best Secret Hiding Spots We've Ever Seen
- Sweet Dreams: 15 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- 11 Ways to Winterize Your Home
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- 17 Creative Ways to Repurpose Cardboard
- 8 Cheap and Unique DIY Nightstands
- 15 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- Supersize Your Small Bath with 8 Pro Tips
- 8 Unique Ways to Build Your Own Table
- Woodworking for Beginners: 10 Projects
- 10 Houseplants You Can Grow ANYWHERE
- 10 Doable Designs for a DIY Rug
- 7 Incredible Uses for Salvaged Lumber
- 10 Bookcases You Can Make Yourself
- 7 Mistakes Not to Make with Your Fireplace
- The Easy 1-Hour Money-Saving Home Checkup
- Quick Fixes for a Fresher Shower
- Don't Try This at Home: 7 Dangerous DIYs
- 10 Ways to Redecorate Without Spending a Dime
- 16 Coffee Tables You Can DIY—Easily!