My house was replanked mid-summer. The paint is peeling, perhaps separating is a better word, along the joint line between the hardi and the subfascia wood all along the perimeter (including the gables). The paint is holding up (for now) along the front, it's just along the joint line.
The fascia lower edge is flush with the subfascia, it does not extend lower.
The house got painted roughly 30 minutes before it started raining. Is this the cause, or should the fascia be wider as opposed to even with the subfascia or should the joint line have been caulked (it wasn't)?
Is the fascia sitting on top of the soffit or pass the edge so you can see the bottom ? This joint is exposed to weather and will swell then shrink, (move).. it should hang down below the soffit. 30 minutes is not enough time for any paint to set-up and repel rain. Cut joint edges should be painted too.
The subfascia extends past the soffit. Is it ok to peel off the old paint along the bottom, caulk and repaint?
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 30 Things Everyone Should Know
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 20 Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 9 Ways to Troubleshoot Furnace Problems (Before Calling In the Pros)
- 13 Lanterns For Your Porch, Patio, or Garden
- 5 Ways to Repurpose Old Window Screens
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 8 Classic Ways to Make a Small Room Look Big
- DIY Workbenches: 5 You Can Build in a Weekend
- 7 DIY Ways to Reuse a 5-Gal Bucket
- The Cheapest Ways to Boost Home Value
- 10 New Uses for Old Doors
- 10 Unexpected Uses for Spray Paint
- 8 Unique Ways to Build Your Own Table
- Woodworking for Beginners: 10 Projects
- 8 Amazing Handmade Kitchen Counters
- 10 New Uses for Old Dressers
- 7 Upgrades You Can Do in Under 300 Seconds
- 10 Knock-Your-Socks-Off Laundry Room Ideas
- 26 Easy Painted Pumpkins for Halloween
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 5 "Make in a Weekend" Bookshelf Projects
- 9 Decorating Lessons We Learned from Social Media
- Three Ways to Find a Wall Stud (Without Fancy Equipment)
- 16 Ingenious IKEA Hacks
- The 10 Best Things to Buy Secondhand
- 16 Must-See Coffee Tables You Can DIY—Easily!