My house was replanked mid-summer. The paint is peeling, perhaps separating is a better word, along the joint line between the hardi and the subfascia wood all along the perimeter (including the gables). The paint is holding up (for now) along the front, it's just along the joint line.
The fascia lower edge is flush with the subfascia, it does not extend lower.
The house got painted roughly 30 minutes before it started raining. Is this the cause, or should the fascia be wider as opposed to even with the subfascia or should the joint line have been caulked (it wasn't)?
Is the fascia sitting on top of the soffit or pass the edge so you can see the bottom ? This joint is exposed to weather and will swell then shrink, (move).. it should hang down below the soffit. 30 minutes is not enough time for any paint to set-up and repel rain. Cut joint edges should be painted too.
The subfascia extends past the soffit. Is it ok to peel off the old paint along the bottom, caulk and repaint?
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 9 Expert Furniture Arranging Tips
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- 5 Ways to Repurpose Old Window Screens
- 13 Lanterns For Your Porch, Patio, or Garden
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 12 Garden Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- 17 Jaw Dropping Deck Designs for Your Home
- 10 Woodworking Projects for Beginners
- 283 Great DIY Project Ideas
- 5 Ways to Repurpose Junk Mail
- Decorating "Rules" Meant to Be Broken
- 17 Backsplashes for a Unique Kitchen
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 16 Creative Cabinet Updates
- Buy or Build: 15 Desks We Love
- Capitalize on Your Attic: 10 Inspirations
- Make Your Own Kitchen Island: 12 Designs
- 10 Creative New Ways to Use Old Bottles
- Small Bedrooms, Huge Amounts of Style
- 22 Tiny Houses We Love
- Tiny Bedroom? 10 Space-Saving Solutions
- 5 DIY Porch Swings Perfect for Summer
- 1 Dozen Ways to Maximize a Small Yard
- 20 Ways to Make a Small Bathroom Big
- 5 Easy and Creative DIY Lamps