My GP shingles have failed at 17 years (of a 30 yr. warranty)(all chat has come off of the shingles). After being told by Atlas that they did not make the shingles prior to '94, I was told to contact GP which I did. I completed the painful warranty pkg. and sent to GP. They are now trying to say these are not thier shingles because they ar 39" long and their's are 36". I was told by both my builder and roofer that these are indeed GP shingles. Any one else experieince this issue? Any suggestions?
I feel your pain, those shingles do suck and all of the product on the street is going bad to. Get your roofer to take a sample and send it to them but understand that if you do get a warranty claim it will only be for the materials and they will depreciate them so much that you wont get much money anyway. Sorry!!
- 15 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 70 Gardening Tricks and Ideas for Total Beginners
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- 142 Remarkable Houses Around the World
- 11 Clever Alternatives to Kitchen Cabinets
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 159 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 10 Room Dividers to Bring Order to Your Space
- Shelf Life: 10 Bookcase Projects You Can DIY
- 11 Creative Garden Borders You Can Make—Easily!
- Tips and Tricks to Fit More into Less Closet Space
- 11 Amazing Homemade Sheds to Inspire Your Own
- Secret Rooms: 10 Special Spaces Hidden from Sight
- 17 Design Inspirations for Mudrooms and Entryways
- Recipe for Success: 10 Easy Kitchen Storage Hacks
- Winning Combinations: 9 "Can't Miss" Color Schemes
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- The Ultimate All-Natural Cleaning Guide