Hi everyone. I am getting ready to replace some of the old electrical circuits in my recently purchased, 100 year old house. I am installing a 20 amp circuit breaker with a 20 amp outlet for my refrigerator. I would also like to add a couple 15 amp outlets for general use. can I hook up the 20 amp outlets after the 15 amp ones in the circuit, or does hooking up 15 amp outlets lessen the amps I can get down the line?
Hope that question makes sense! to re-cap... I want to make a 20 amp circuit, hook up multiple 15 amp outlets, then a 20 amp outlet farther down the line. Do I need to hook up the 20 amp outlet first, then continue with the 15 amp outlets?
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 7 Surprising Other Uses for Mayonnaise
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 21 Ways to Spring Clean—Naturally
- Show Off: 9 Ways to Display a Collection
- The Best Paint Colors for Low-Light Rooms
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 8 Clever Storage Solutions for Pots & Pans
- 8 Creative OTHER Ways to Use a Closet
- 12 Tiny Gardens to Grow on a Tabletop
- 15 Eye-Catching Front Door Options
- 12 Places You Never Clean—But Should!