Hi everyone. I am getting ready to replace some of the old electrical circuits in my recently purchased, 100 year old house. I am installing a 20 amp circuit breaker with a 20 amp outlet for my refrigerator. I would also like to add a couple 15 amp outlets for general use. can I hook up the 20 amp outlets after the 15 amp ones in the circuit, or does hooking up 15 amp outlets lessen the amps I can get down the line?
Hope that question makes sense! to re-cap... I want to make a 20 amp circuit, hook up multiple 15 amp outlets, then a 20 amp outlet farther down the line. Do I need to hook up the 20 amp outlet first, then continue with the 15 amp outlets?
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 7 Surprising Other Uses for Mayonnaise
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 8 Cleaning Mistakes Everyone Makes
- 10 Insanely Creative Shelves You Can DIY
- 10 Bargain Organizers for a Tidy Garage
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 9 Backyard Fire Pits You Can Afford
- 10 Things You Didn't Know Windex Can Do
- Watch These 10 Home Trends Take Off in 2015
- Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 16 Garden Borders You Can Make—Easily!