For the steps you need to build a header over the landing. The bottom and insides of this header and the ceiling will be drywalled. I did this and I'm glad I did! The landing at the bottom is not a real landing, just an imaginary area about 2 feet out from the last step.
You can do the same thing around the windows.
BTW - 3 inches for the drop isn't much. That precludes using fluoresence fixtures. Recessed cans would still work.
Suspended ceiling vs. Tile.... questions, need opini...
Replacing solid ceiling in basement
Simple idea for a basement ceiling?
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 7 Surprising Other Uses for Mayonnaise
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 21 Ways to Spring Clean—Naturally
- Show Off: 9 Ways to Display a Collection
- The Best Paint Colors for Low-Light Rooms
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 8 Clever Storage Solutions for Pots & Pans
- 8 Creative OTHER Ways to Use a Closet
- 12 Tiny Gardens to Grow on a Tabletop
- 15 Eye-Catching Front Door Options
- 12 Places You Never Clean—But Should!