For the steps you need to build a header over the landing. The bottom and insides of this header and the ceiling will be drywalled. I did this and I'm glad I did! The landing at the bottom is not a real landing, just an imaginary area about 2 feet out from the last step.
You can do the same thing around the windows.
BTW - 3 inches for the drop isn't much. That precludes using fluoresence fixtures. Recessed cans would still work.
Suspended ceiling vs. Tile.... questions, need opini...
Replacing solid ceiling in basement
Simple idea for a basement ceiling?
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- See the Most Highly Anticipated Colors for 2015
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 10 Unexpected Spots for Accent Colors
- 10 Fantastic Furniture Makeovers
- Worth It: 8 Renovations That Pay You Back
- 9 Closet Storage Tips from a Pro Organizer
- 7 Seriously Surprising Spots for a Fireplace
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- 12 Tiny Gardens to Grow on a Tabletop
- Supersize Your Small Bathroom with 8 Tips
- Kitchen Envy: 10 Rooms We Love