For the steps you need to build a header over the landing. The bottom and insides of this header and the ceiling will be drywalled. I did this and I'm glad I did! The landing at the bottom is not a real landing, just an imaginary area about 2 feet out from the last step.
You can do the same thing around the windows.
BTW - 3 inches for the drop isn't much. That precludes using fluoresence fixtures. Recessed cans would still work.
Suspended ceiling vs. Tile.... questions, need opini...
Replacing solid ceiling in basement
Simple idea for a basement ceiling?
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 7 Surprising Other Uses for Mayonnaise
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 8 Cleaning Mistakes Everyone Makes
- 10 Insanely Creative Shelves You Can DIY
- 10 Bargain Organizers for a Tidy Garage
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 9 Backyard Fire Pits You Can Afford
- 10 Things You Didn't Know Windex Can Do
- Watch These 10 Home Trends Take Off in 2015
- Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 16 Garden Borders You Can Make—Easily!