I’ve got ceramic tiles throughout my garden that serve to both look nice but also to use as stepping stones. The only problem is that they are dangerously slippery when wet and I’m slipped a few times right after watering. I’d like to apply a non-slip treatment so that neither my wife nor I slip and fall. Does such a treatment that I can apply myself exist on the market now?
Hey moviemann, I have a few rental properties and whenever a tenant complains about slippery tile I just send them an order from http://www.slipperytile.com and let them apply it themselves because it is so easy to use. You can order a bottle of the treatment for under $100 and still have plenty to use in your house for the floors and bathtubs. It only takes a few minutes to mop on and you'll definitely be able to tell a difference in traction. I hope this helps! :)
I took your advice and ordered a bottle earlier this week. I figured if it didn’t work on the outdoor ceramic tiles I wouldn’t even bother with it inside the house and just cut my losses. But you were right about noticing how the tiles became non-slip so I just applied the treatment to both my showers. Thanks again.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- Make Your Bed: 9 DIY Headboards
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- Space-Saving Solutions for Tiny Bedrooms
- 9 Perfect Color Combos for Your Home
- 22 Tiny Houses We Love
- See the Most Highly Anticipated Colors for 2015
- What's the Best Color for Living Rooms?
- Favorite Space-Saving Double-Duty Furniture
- 10 Low-Cost DIY Home Security Solutions
- Redecorate Without Spending a Dime: 10 Ideas
- 10 Houseplants You Can Grow Anywhere
- 9 Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 10 Doable Designs for a DIY Rug
- 9 Alternative Uses for Toothpaste
- Live Large in a (Very) Small Space
- 8 Cheap and Unique DIY Nightstands
- 15 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- Supersize Your Small Bath with 8 Pro Tips
- Don't Try This at Home: 7 Dangerous DIYs
- 10 Simple Woodworking Projects
- Is There Anything Vinegar Can't Do?
- 7 Incredible Uses for Salvaged Lumber
- 12 Tiny Gardens You Can Grow on a Tabletop
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 10 Surprisingly Smart Solutions for Junk Drawers
- Bright & Bold Colors for Your Front Door
- DIY Bookcases: 16 Easy Project Ideas
- Don't Make These 7 Fireplace Mistakes