I’ve got ceramic tiles throughout my garden that serve to both look nice but also to use as stepping stones. The only problem is that they are dangerously slippery when wet and I’m slipped a few times right after watering. I’d like to apply a non-slip treatment so that neither my wife nor I slip and fall. Does such a treatment that I can apply myself exist on the market now?
Hey moviemann, I have a few rental properties and whenever a tenant complains about slippery tile I just send them an order from http://www.slipperytile.com and let them apply it themselves because it is so easy to use. You can order a bottle of the treatment for under $100 and still have plenty to use in your house for the floors and bathtubs. It only takes a few minutes to mop on and you'll definitely be able to tell a difference in traction. I hope this helps! :)
I took your advice and ordered a bottle earlier this week. I figured if it didn’t work on the outdoor ceramic tiles I wouldn’t even bother with it inside the house and just cut my losses. But you were right about noticing how the tiles became non-slip so I just applied the treatment to both my showers. Thanks again.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 30 Things Everyone Should Know
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 20 Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 9 Ways to Troubleshoot the Furnace
- 11 Real Haunted Houses to Visit--If You Dare!
- 9 Alternative Uses for Toothpaste
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 8 Ways to Make a Small Room Look Big
- 21 Expert Picks for Fail-Safe Colors
- 10 Fall Door DIYs for the Best House on the Block
- The Cheapest Ways to Boost Home Value
- 10 New Uses for Old Doors
- 10 Unexpected Uses for Spray Paint
- 8 Unique Ways to Build Your Own Table
- Woodworking for Beginners: 10 Projects
- 8 Amazing Handmade Kitchen Counters
- 10 New Uses for Old Dressers
- 7 Upgrades You Can Do in Under 300 Seconds
- 10 Thrifty DIY Ways to Organize Your Home
- 26 Easy Painted Pumpkins for Halloween
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 5 "Make in a Weekend" Bookshelf Projects
- 9 Decorating Lessons We Learned from Social Media
- 10 "Zero Dollar" Storage Hacks
- 121 DIY Ideas for Halloween
- The 10 Best Things to Buy Secondhand
- 16 Must-See Coffee Tables You Can DIY—Easily!