our new old home (1940s colonial in DC 'burbs) had a finished attic. One side of the attic was finished for a home office. The gable window at this end had a small ac unit in one half and a swinging window on top of it. The other end was finished for storage with an in-swinging window. As far as I can tell, the windows are the only points of ventilation.
Now for the questions: How do I keep the attic cool w/o running the ac. How do I alliviate/eliminate moisture (evidence of mildew present)?
The attic is accessed thru a door in one of the Master BR's closet. This door is louvered! The heat collecting in the attic vents downward into the BR.
I would like to address this befor ethe oppressive DC summer kicks in.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 7 Surprising Other Uses for Mayonnaise
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 8 Cleaning Mistakes Everyone Makes
- 10 Insanely Creative Shelves You Can DIY
- 10 Bargain Organizers for a Tidy Garage
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 9 Backyard Fire Pits You Can Afford
- 10 Things You Didn't Know Windex Can Do
- Watch These 10 Home Trends Take Off in 2015
- Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 16 Garden Borders You Can Make—Easily!