Our house sits halfway down a hill. Uphill water sheds towards the foundation and is causing some problems. Several professionals have given us estimates - all with very different plans. My question is would a french drain surrounding the house, but about 5 feet away from the house be an efficient solution? It seems that it would be able to handle the surface water drainage problem(draining from about 5 acres with a 15 ft rise) but would be easier to install than one directly against the house. Any ideas? Thanks!
mystery waterfall leak in basement
Crawl Space problems
and notice the sales pressure from many inside compa...
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 7 Surprising Other Uses for Mayonnaise
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 8 Cleaning Mistakes Everyone Makes
- 10 Insanely Creative Shelves You Can DIY
- 10 Bargain Organizers for a Tidy Garage
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 9 Backyard Fire Pits You Can Afford
- 10 Things You Didn't Know Windex Can Do
- Watch These 10 Home Trends Take Off in 2015
- Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 16 Garden Borders You Can Make—Easily!