Our house sits halfway down a hill. Uphill water sheds towards the foundation and is causing some problems. Several professionals have given us estimates - all with very different plans. My question is would a french drain surrounding the house, but about 5 feet away from the house be an efficient solution? It seems that it would be able to handle the surface water drainage problem(draining from about 5 acres with a 15 ft rise) but would be easier to install than one directly against the house. Any ideas? Thanks!
mystery waterfall leak in basement
Crawl Space problems
and notice the sales pressure from many inside compa...
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 7 Surprising Other Uses for Mayonnaise
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 21 Ways to Spring Clean—Naturally
- Show Off: 9 Ways to Display a Collection
- The Best Paint Colors for Low-Light Rooms
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 8 Clever Storage Solutions for Pots & Pans
- 8 Creative OTHER Ways to Use a Closet
- 12 Tiny Gardens to Grow on a Tabletop
- 15 Eye-Catching Front Door Options
- 12 Places You Never Clean—But Should!