We live in Englewood, Colorado, and had a 3 car garage built in our backyard...we still have a fairly large yard, but since the garage was built, our yard has become more dirt than grass....It is winter time here and I don't know what to do with it...I want to have my beautiful grass back...but don't know where to start. Please help.
One possibility is that during the construction of your garage, there might have been a lot of construction "traffic" driving on, or parked on your lawn. That would cause quite a bit of compaction of the topsoil. And once the topsoil is compacted like that, it's quite difficult to get grass to grow again. If it's your entire backyard, and there was nothing parked there, or driven there, or stored in piles there, then it's probably another reason. But this one's common to many construction sites. Loosening the soil and then reseeding may solve that. Simple plug aeration before reseeding may also help.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 7 Surprising Other Uses for Mayonnaise
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 11 Lessons to Learn from AirBnB's Tiniest Homes
- 10 DIY Ways to Redo Your Wall—Without Paint
- 8 Smart Shoe Racks You Can Make Today
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- Worth It: 8 Renovations That Pay You Back
- 7 House Sounds Never to Ignore
- Watch These 10 Home Trends Take Off in 2015
- 11 Things Never to Keep in Your Bedroom
- 12 Places You Never Clean—But Should!