We live in Englewood, Colorado, and had a 3 car garage built in our backyard...we still have a fairly large yard, but since the garage was built, our yard has become more dirt than grass....It is winter time here and I don't know what to do with it...I want to have my beautiful grass back...but don't know where to start. Please help.
One possibility is that during the construction of your garage, there might have been a lot of construction "traffic" driving on, or parked on your lawn. That would cause quite a bit of compaction of the topsoil. And once the topsoil is compacted like that, it's quite difficult to get grass to grow again. If it's your entire backyard, and there was nothing parked there, or driven there, or stored in piles there, then it's probably another reason. But this one's common to many construction sites. Loosening the soil and then reseeding may solve that. Simple plug aeration before reseeding may also help.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- Make Your Bed: 9 DIY Headboards
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- Space-Saving Solutions for Tiny Bedrooms
- 9 Perfect Color Combos for Your Home
- 22 Tiny Houses We Love
- See the Most Highly Anticipated Colors for 2015
- What's the Best Color for Living Rooms?
- Favorite Space-Saving Double-Duty Furniture
- 10 Low-Cost DIY Home Security Solutions
- Redecorate Without Spending a Dime: 10 Ideas
- 10 Houseplants You Can Grow Anywhere
- 9 Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 10 Doable Designs for a DIY Rug
- 9 Alternative Uses for Toothpaste
- Live Large in a (Very) Small Space
- 8 Cheap and Unique DIY Nightstands
- 15 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- Supersize Your Small Bath with 8 Pro Tips
- Don't Try This at Home: 7 Dangerous DIYs
- 10 Simple Woodworking Projects
- Is There Anything Vinegar Can't Do?
- 7 Incredible Uses for Salvaged Lumber
- 12 Tiny Gardens You Can Grow on a Tabletop
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 10 Surprisingly Smart Solutions for Junk Drawers
- Bright & Bold Colors for Your Front Door
- DIY Bookcases: 16 Easy Project Ideas
- Don't Make These 7 Fireplace Mistakes