Turning A Crawl Space Into A Full Basement
How are you getting the dirt out? How are you getting gravel and concrete in? How deep are the water, sewer, and gas lines - are they going to be hanging in the middle of your basement?
Permits required? Are there companies that do this work in your area?
I am thinking about using some kind of conveyor system to get the dirt out through the crawl space. I hadn’t thought about how to get the gravel and concrete in. All the Gas/Water/Sewer Pipes are right underneath the floor joists.
I am sure I'll be needing a permit or two; I live in the Seattle area so I know there are some companies that can do this kind of work.
I was talking to a guy at work that said they would probably have to jack the house off its foundation, is that normal?
Another way is to make sure the house is supported, then dig it out as you planned. Once its dug out, you may or may not need a new foundation inside the existing foundation.
Should I Worry? Water Always Flowing Into Sump Pit
Let's Make a Basement
Turning A Crawlspace into a basement
Exterior basement door threshold
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 30 Things Everyone Should Know
- 25 Insanely Easy-to-Make Holiday Ornaments
- 20 Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 10 Classic Ways to Brighten Up a Dark Room
- 10 Quick and Creative Stocking Stuffers
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 7 Unauthorized Uses for Common Appliances
- 8 Ways to Make a Small Room Look Big
- Best Secret Hiding Spots We've Ever Seen
- Sweet Dreams: 15 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- 11 Ways to Winterize Your Home
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- 10 Must-Do Projects for November
- 8 Cheap and Unique DIY Nightstands
- 15 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- Supersize Your Small Bath with 8 Pro Tips
- 8 Unique Ways to Build Your Own Table
- Woodworking for Beginners: 10 Projects
- 10 Houseplants You Can Grow ANYWHERE
- 10 Doable Designs for a DIY Rug
- 7 Incredible Uses for Salvaged Lumber
- 10 Bookcases You Can Make Yourself
- 7 Mistakes Not to Make with Your Fireplace
- The Easy 1-Hour Money-Saving Home Checkup
- Quick Fixes for a Fresher Shower
- Don't Try This at Home: 7 Dangerous DIYs
- 10 Ways to Redecorate Without Spending a Dime
- The Top 10 Artificial Christmas Trees