Turning A Crawl Space Into A Full Basement
How are you getting the dirt out? How are you getting gravel and concrete in? How deep are the water, sewer, and gas lines - are they going to be hanging in the middle of your basement?
Permits required? Are there companies that do this work in your area?
I am thinking about using some kind of conveyor system to get the dirt out through the crawl space. I hadn’t thought about how to get the gravel and concrete in. All the Gas/Water/Sewer Pipes are right underneath the floor joists.
I am sure I'll be needing a permit or two; I live in the Seattle area so I know there are some companies that can do this kind of work.
I was talking to a guy at work that said they would probably have to jack the house off its foundation, is that normal?
Another way is to make sure the house is supported, then dig it out as you planned. Once its dug out, you may or may not need a new foundation inside the existing foundation.
Should I Worry? Water Always Flowing Into Sump Pit
Let's Make a Basement
Turning A Crawlspace into a basement
Exterior basement door threshold
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 15 Fast Facade Fixes for Instant Curb Appeal
- 9 Expert Furniture Arranging Tips
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- 5 Ways to Repurpose Old Window Screens
- 13 Lanterns For Your Porch, Patio, or Garden
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 12 Garden Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- 17 Jaw Dropping Deck Designs for Your Home
- 10 Woodworking Projects for Beginners
- 283 Great DIY Project Ideas
- 5 Ways to Repurpose Junk Mail
- Decorating "Rules" Meant to Be Broken
- 17 Backsplashes for a Unique Kitchen
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 16 Creative Cabinet Updates
- 10 Ways to Bring Typography Style Home
- Capitalize on Your Attic: 10 Inspirations
- Make Your Own Kitchen Island: 12 Designs
- 10 Creative New Ways to Use Old Bottles
- Small Bedrooms, Huge Amounts of Style
- 22 Tiny Houses We Love
- Tiny Bedroom? 10 Space-Saving Solutions
- 5 DIY Porch Swings Perfect for Summer
- 1 Dozen Ways to Maximize a Small Yard
- 20 Ways to Make a Small Bathroom Big
- 5 Easy and Creative DIY Lamps