Turning A Crawl Space Into A Full Basement
How are you getting the dirt out? How are you getting gravel and concrete in? How deep are the water, sewer, and gas lines - are they going to be hanging in the middle of your basement?
Permits required? Are there companies that do this work in your area?
I am thinking about using some kind of conveyor system to get the dirt out through the crawl space. I hadn’t thought about how to get the gravel and concrete in. All the Gas/Water/Sewer Pipes are right underneath the floor joists.
I am sure I'll be needing a permit or two; I live in the Seattle area so I know there are some companies that can do this kind of work.
I was talking to a guy at work that said they would probably have to jack the house off its foundation, is that normal?
Another way is to make sure the house is supported, then dig it out as you planned. Once its dug out, you may or may not need a new foundation inside the existing foundation.
Should I Worry? Water Always Flowing Into Sump Pit
Let's Make a Basement
Turning A Crawlspace into a basement
Exterior basement door threshold
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 70 Gardening Tricks and Ideas for Beginners
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- Capitalize on Your Attic: 10 Inspirations
- 15 Once-Popular Items Now Vanishing
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 12 Garden Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Design a Rustic Bathroom: 10 Inspirations
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 283 Great DIY Project Ideas
- The Right Path: 15 Wonderful Walkway Designs
- 10 Ways to Expand into Your Garage
- 17 Backsplashes for a Unique Kitchen
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- Make Your Small Bathroom Feel BIG
- 108 Easy Outdoor Living Ideas
- 10 Smart New Uses for Old Tires
- 14 Room Dividers to Organize Your Space
- 11 Clever Alternatives to Kitchen Cabinets
- Facade Facelift: Simple, Affordable Ways to Make a Better First Impression
- Reconsider Aboveground Pools: 10 Reasons Why
- 5 New Uses for Old Wooden Crates
- 21 Paint Colors That Never Fail
- 1 Dozen Ways to Maximize a Small Yard
- 12 Fresh Ideas for Your Kids' Room
- 11 Beautiful Clutter-Busting Closets