Turning A Crawl Space Into A Full Basement
How are you getting the dirt out? How are you getting gravel and concrete in? How deep are the water, sewer, and gas lines - are they going to be hanging in the middle of your basement?
Permits required? Are there companies that do this work in your area?
I am thinking about using some kind of conveyor system to get the dirt out through the crawl space. I hadn’t thought about how to get the gravel and concrete in. All the Gas/Water/Sewer Pipes are right underneath the floor joists.
I am sure I'll be needing a permit or two; I live in the Seattle area so I know there are some companies that can do this kind of work.
I was talking to a guy at work that said they would probably have to jack the house off its foundation, is that normal?
Another way is to make sure the house is supported, then dig it out as you planned. Once its dug out, you may or may not need a new foundation inside the existing foundation.
Should I Worry? Water Always Flowing Into Sump Pit
Let's Make a Basement
Turning A Crawlspace into a basement
Exterior basement door threshold
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 30 Things Everyone Should Know
- 15 Fast Facade Fixes for Instant Curb Appeal
- 9 Expert Furniture Arranging Tips
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- 13 Lanterns For Your Porch, Patio, or Garden
- 5 Ways to Repurpose Old Window Screens
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 8 Classic Ways to Make a Small Room Look Big
- 8 DIY Storage Solutions for a Closet-less Room
- 9 Potent Cleaners You Didn't Know You Had
- 12 Hobbit Houses to Make You Consider Moving Underground
- 16 Cool DIY Coffee Tables
- 10 Fall Home Maintenance Musts
- Supersize Your Small Bath With These 8 Pro Tips
- 15 Neat Garage Storage Solutions
- Buy or Build: 15 Desks We Love
- 10 Great DIY Bookshelf Projects
- 5 Minutes Flat: 7 Upgrades You Can Do in Under 300 Seconds
- 10 Creative New Ways to Use Old Bottles
- 10 FREE Storage Hacks
- 10 New Uses for Old Doors
- 10 Ways to Use Leather in Your Next Project
- 9 Calming Colors for a Serene Home
- 9 Ways to Get on Board with Pegboard
- 17 Mini Bars to Mix Up Your Home Decor
- 20 Ways to Make a Small Bathroom Big
- 8 New Ways to Use Old Wooden Crates