Turning A Crawl Space Into A Full Basement
How are you getting the dirt out? How are you getting gravel and concrete in? How deep are the water, sewer, and gas lines - are they going to be hanging in the middle of your basement?
Permits required? Are there companies that do this work in your area?
I am thinking about using some kind of conveyor system to get the dirt out through the crawl space. I hadn’t thought about how to get the gravel and concrete in. All the Gas/Water/Sewer Pipes are right underneath the floor joists.
I am sure I'll be needing a permit or two; I live in the Seattle area so I know there are some companies that can do this kind of work.
I was talking to a guy at work that said they would probably have to jack the house off its foundation, is that normal?
Another way is to make sure the house is supported, then dig it out as you planned. Once its dug out, you may or may not need a new foundation inside the existing foundation.
Should I Worry? Water Always Flowing Into Sump Pit
Let's Make a Basement
Turning A Crawlspace into a basement
Exterior basement door threshold
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 30 Things Everyone Should Know
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 20 Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 9 Ways to Troubleshoot the Furnace
- 11 Real Haunted Houses to Visit--If You Dare!
- 9 Alternative Uses for Toothpaste
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 8 Ways to Make a Small Room Look Big
- 21 Expert Picks for Fail-Safe Colors
- 10 Fall Door DIYs for the Best House on the Block
- The Cheapest Ways to Boost Home Value
- 10 New Uses for Old Doors
- 10 Unexpected Uses for Spray Paint
- 8 Unique Ways to Build Your Own Table
- Woodworking for Beginners: 10 Projects
- 8 Amazing Handmade Kitchen Counters
- 10 New Uses for Old Dressers
- 7 Upgrades You Can Do in Under 300 Seconds
- 10 Thrifty DIY Ways to Organize Your Home
- 26 Easy Painted Pumpkins for Halloween
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 5 "Make in a Weekend" Bookshelf Projects
- 3 New Ways to Decorate with Fallen Leaves
- 10 "Zero Dollar" Storage Hacks
- 121 DIY Ideas for Halloween
- The 10 Best Things to Buy Secondhand
- 16 Must-See Coffee Tables You Can DIY—Easily!