My home is over 15 years old. I've never had water on the floor, there is no sump pump, the floor of the basement is completely dry and I see no cracks from inside. I epoxy cemented some minor outside cracks that were vertical. It's a cinder block foundation. My soil is a sandy soil that does not hold water. I have a large deck and 2 feet deep of stone in front of my home (from prior owner). My issue is my basement walls are wet.I've fixed all gutters and leaders, waterproofed outside sockets. All to no avail. I know DryLoc is terrible. I have a drainage basin about a half acre from my home and the developments water is supposed to drain around my home and enter the drainage basin. The basin is normally empty and may fill but never for long. I don't see any pooling of water outside my home even if it pours.
Should I try sodium silicate which I understand is easy to use and penetrates 4". Could it hurt to try it?
There is no paint on my walls, just wet walls which I'm afraid will deteriorate over time. No efflorescence either. The basement feels dry, we do run a dehumidifier but it's at 40 and only gets emptied weekly.
(I am posting a seperate help for my in-laws home).
asphalt roof ,hydraulic fluid
Sump Pump in Crawlspace
OK to vacuum a little fireplace ash with regular vac...
Kitchen floor advice
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 7 Surprising Other Uses for Mayonnaise
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 8 Cleaning Mistakes Everyone Makes
- 10 Insanely Creative Shelves You Can DIY
- 10 Bargain Organizers for a Tidy Garage
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 9 Backyard Fire Pits You Can Afford
- 10 Things You Didn't Know Windex Can Do
- Watch These 10 Home Trends Take Off in 2015
- Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 16 Garden Borders You Can Make—Easily!