My home is over 15 years old. I've never had water on the floor, there is no sump pump, the floor of the basement is completely dry and I see no cracks from inside. I epoxy cemented some minor outside cracks that were vertical. It's a cinder block foundation. My soil is a sandy soil that does not hold water. I have a large deck and 2 feet deep of stone in front of my home (from prior owner). My issue is my basement walls are wet.I've fixed all gutters and leaders, waterproofed outside sockets. All to no avail. I know DryLoc is terrible. I have a drainage basin about a half acre from my home and the developments water is supposed to drain around my home and enter the drainage basin. The basin is normally empty and may fill but never for long. I don't see any pooling of water outside my home even if it pours.
Should I try sodium silicate which I understand is easy to use and penetrates 4". Could it hurt to try it?
There is no paint on my walls, just wet walls which I'm afraid will deteriorate over time. No efflorescence either. The basement feels dry, we do run a dehumidifier but it's at 40 and only gets emptied weekly.
(I am posting a seperate help for my in-laws home).
asphalt roof ,hydraulic fluid
Sump Pump in Crawlspace
OK to vacuum a little fireplace ash with regular vac...
Kitchen floor advice
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 30 Things Everyone Should Know
- 15 Fast Facade Fixes for Instant Curb Appeal
- 9 Expert Furniture Arranging Tips
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- 13 Lanterns For Your Porch, Patio, or Garden
- 5 Ways to Repurpose Old Window Screens
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 7 Smart Shoe Racks You Can Make Today
- 12 Garden Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Mirror Magic: 10 Ways of Using Mirrors to Your Design Advantage
- Capitalize on Your Attic: 10 Inspirations
- 16 Cool DIY Coffee Tables
- 10 Fall Home Maintenance Musts
- 7 Powerful Cleaners in Your Pantry
- 10 DIY Ways to Dress Up Your House for Fall
- Buy or Build: 15 Desks We Love
- 10 Great DIY Bookshelf Projects
- Believe It or Not: 9 Incredible Faux Finishes You Can Do Yourself
- 10 Creative New Ways to Use Old Bottles
- 10 FREE Storage Hacks
- 10 New Uses for Old Doors
- 10 "Must Do" September Projects
- 9 Calming Colors for a Serene Home
- 16 Easy Ideas for Customized Cabinets
- 17 Mini Bars to Mix Up Your Home Decor
- 20 Ways to Make a Small Bathroom Big
- 12 Unique DIY Kitchen Island Designs