My home is over 15 years old. I've never had water on the floor, there is no sump pump, the floor of the basement is completely dry and I see no cracks from inside. I epoxy cemented some minor outside cracks that were vertical. It's a cinder block foundation. My soil is a sandy soil that does not hold water. I have a large deck and 2 feet deep of stone in front of my home (from prior owner). My issue is my basement walls are wet.I've fixed all gutters and leaders, waterproofed outside sockets. All to no avail. I know DryLoc is terrible. I have a drainage basin about a half acre from my home and the developments water is supposed to drain around my home and enter the drainage basin. The basin is normally empty and may fill but never for long. I don't see any pooling of water outside my home even if it pours.
Should I try sodium silicate which I understand is easy to use and penetrates 4". Could it hurt to try it?
There is no paint on my walls, just wet walls which I'm afraid will deteriorate over time. No efflorescence either. The basement feels dry, we do run a dehumidifier but it's at 40 and only gets emptied weekly.
(I am posting a seperate help for my in-laws home).
asphalt roof ,hydraulic fluid
Sump Pump in Crawlspace
OK to vacuum a little fireplace ash with regular vac...
Kitchen floor advice
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 15 Fast Facade Fixes for Instant Curb Appeal
- 9 Expert Furniture Arranging Tips
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- 5 Ways to Repurpose Old Window Screens
- 13 Lanterns For Your Porch, Patio, or Garden
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 12 Garden Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- 17 Jaw Dropping Deck Designs for Your Home
- 10 Woodworking Projects for Beginners
- 283 Great DIY Project Ideas
- 10 DIY Ways Renters Can Customize Their Space
- Decorating "Rules" Meant to Be Broken
- 17 Backsplashes for a Unique Kitchen
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 16 Creative Cabinet Updates
- 10 Ways to Bring Typography Style Home
- Capitalize on Your Attic: 10 Inspirations
- Make Your Own Kitchen Island: 12 Designs
- 10 Creative New Ways to Use Old Bottles
- Small Bedrooms, Huge Amounts of Style
- 22 Tiny Houses We Love
- Tiny Bedroom? 10 Space-Saving Solutions
- Uses for Beer & Booze Around the House
- 1 Dozen Ways to Maximize a Small Yard
- 20 Ways to Make a Small Bathroom Big
- 10 Secondhand Shopping Tips