My home is over 15 years old. I've never had water on the floor, there is no sump pump, the floor of the basement is completely dry and I see no cracks from inside. I epoxy cemented some minor outside cracks that were vertical. It's a cinder block foundation. My soil is a sandy soil that does not hold water. I have a large deck and 2 feet deep of stone in front of my home (from prior owner). My issue is my basement walls are wet.I've fixed all gutters and leaders, waterproofed outside sockets. All to no avail. I know DryLoc is terrible. I have a drainage basin about a half acre from my home and the developments water is supposed to drain around my home and enter the drainage basin. The basin is normally empty and may fill but never for long. I don't see any pooling of water outside my home even if it pours.
Should I try sodium silicate which I understand is easy to use and penetrates 4". Could it hurt to try it?
There is no paint on my walls, just wet walls which I'm afraid will deteriorate over time. No efflorescence either. The basement feels dry, we do run a dehumidifier but it's at 40 and only gets emptied weekly.
(I am posting a seperate help for my in-laws home).
asphalt roof ,hydraulic fluid
Sump Pump in Crawlspace
OK to vacuum a little fireplace ash with regular vac...
Kitchen floor advice
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 30 Things Everyone Should Know
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 20 Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 9 Ways to Troubleshoot the Furnace
- 11 Real Haunted Houses to Visit--If You Dare!
- 9 Alternative Uses for Toothpaste
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 8 Ways to Make a Small Room Look Big
- 21 Expert Picks for Fail-Safe Colors
- 7 DIY Ways to Reuse a 5-Gal Bucket
- The Cheapest Ways to Boost Home Value
- 10 New Uses for Old Doors
- 10 Unexpected Uses for Spray Paint
- 8 Unique Ways to Build Your Own Table
- Woodworking for Beginners: 10 Projects
- 8 Amazing Handmade Kitchen Counters
- 10 New Uses for Old Dressers
- 7 Upgrades You Can Do in Under 300 Seconds
- 10 Thrifty DIY Ways to Organize Your Home
- 26 Easy Painted Pumpkins for Halloween
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 5 "Make in a Weekend" Bookshelf Projects
- 9 Decorating Lessons We Learned from Social Media
- 10 "Zero Dollar" Storage Hacks
- 121 DIY Ideas for Halloween
- The 10 Best Things to Buy Secondhand
- 16 Must-See Coffee Tables You Can DIY—Easily!