replacing existing foundation
It's hard, for sure, to say much about this from 'here'. The best thing to do is get a couple of estimates from contractors that specialize in Foundation Repair. YOu can ask your Municipal Inspector for leads, or talk to the Municipal Engineer. Other than that, talk to other owners that have NEW foundations. (Just drive around the neighborhood.)
In short, it would involve temporarily jacking up the house and removing the existing wall, and pouring the new one. Talk to the contractor about installing a Foundation Drain (possibly along w/a sump pump w/battery backup.) Hopefully, you have good slopage that slopes AWAY from the house to keep water out. And that you have gutters and downspouts where they should be, and in working order (and not over-flowing or under-flowing.) The same for your downspouts.
My best to ya and hope this helps.
Jay J -Moderator
PS: When you get your estimate, and if it's a doeable 'thought', consider having concrete poured in the basement as well. I'm sure it will add value to the home (or at least it's potential.) If you do this, talk about a center-floor drain or a corner drain for possible water (if water is a problem at your house ...)
Cinder block foundation a safety hazard and resale t...
Addition Foundation Connection
- 15 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 70 Gardening Tricks and Ideas for Total Beginners
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- 142 Remarkable Houses Around the World
- 11 Clever Alternatives to Kitchen Cabinets
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 159 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 10 Room Dividers to Bring Order to Your Space
- Shelf Life: 10 Bookcase Projects You Can DIY
- 11 Creative Garden Borders You Can Make—Easily!
- Tips and Tricks to Fit More into Less Closet Space
- 11 Amazing Homemade Sheds to Inspire Your Own
- Secret Rooms: 10 Special Spaces Hidden from Sight
- 17 Design Inspirations for Mudrooms and Entryways
- Recipe for Success: 10 Easy Kitchen Storage Hacks
- Winning Combinations: 9 "Can't Miss" Color Schemes
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- The Ultimate All-Natural Cleaning Guide