How to make crawl space warmer
I agree - Check the insulation.
I replaced my insulation and ran nylon string in a perpendicular direction to the joists while using roofing nails to 'wrap' the string around as I went (to hold the insulation up. I used Kraft-sided insulation with the Kraft facing UP towards the heated floor.) The duct, itself, should be insulated independent of the floor. You can find duct insulation in the Home Centers.
Also, depending on where you live ..., if you have vents in the crawl, you may be OK to close them in Winter. Do check around.
My best to ya and hope this helps.
Jay J -Moderator
PS: Forget heating the crawlspace. If you want a REALLY warm floor, look into a Warm Floor System. They're AWESOME. I'd do this as a LAST resort since you really won't enjoy the full benefits of it sinc you'll only be 'using' it during sleeping hours. Don't misunderstand me - That's nice. But a warm floor system is really 'cool' underfoot.
PPS: God bless America
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 13 Lazy Cleaning Tricks for a Spotless Home
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 7 House Sounds You Never Want to Ignore
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- Worth It: 8 Renovations That Pay You Back
- Organize Your Life with 12 Dollar-Store Buys
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- Don't Make These 7 Mistakes in Small Spaces
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 15 Totally Unexpected DIY Flooring Alternatives
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 10 Closet Cures That Cost Less Than $100
- 11 Easy DIY Projects to Declutter Your Home
- 10 "Zero Dollar" Garden Hacks
- 10 Killproof Plants for a No-Effort Landscape
- 9 Insanely Easy 1-Hour Backyard Projects