How to make crawl space warmer
I agree - Check the insulation.
I replaced my insulation and ran nylon string in a perpendicular direction to the joists while using roofing nails to 'wrap' the string around as I went (to hold the insulation up. I used Kraft-sided insulation with the Kraft facing UP towards the heated floor.) The duct, itself, should be insulated independent of the floor. You can find duct insulation in the Home Centers.
Also, depending on where you live ..., if you have vents in the crawl, you may be OK to close them in Winter. Do check around.
My best to ya and hope this helps.
Jay J -Moderator
PS: Forget heating the crawlspace. If you want a REALLY warm floor, look into a Warm Floor System. They're AWESOME. I'd do this as a LAST resort since you really won't enjoy the full benefits of it sinc you'll only be 'using' it during sleeping hours. Don't misunderstand me - That's nice. But a warm floor system is really 'cool' underfoot.
PPS: God bless America
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 7 Surprising Other Uses for Mayonnaise
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 11 Lessons to Learn from AirBnB's Tiniest Homes
- 10 DIY Ways to Redo Your Wall—Without Paint
- 8 Smart Shoe Racks You Can Make Today
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- Worth It: 8 Renovations That Pay You Back
- 7 House Sounds Never to Ignore
- Watch These 10 Home Trends Take Off in 2015
- 11 Things Never to Keep in Your Bedroom
- 12 Places You Never Clean—But Should!