How to make crawl space warmer
I agree - Check the insulation.
I replaced my insulation and ran nylon string in a perpendicular direction to the joists while using roofing nails to 'wrap' the string around as I went (to hold the insulation up. I used Kraft-sided insulation with the Kraft facing UP towards the heated floor.) The duct, itself, should be insulated independent of the floor. You can find duct insulation in the Home Centers.
Also, depending on where you live ..., if you have vents in the crawl, you may be OK to close them in Winter. Do check around.
My best to ya and hope this helps.
Jay J -Moderator
PS: Forget heating the crawlspace. If you want a REALLY warm floor, look into a Warm Floor System. They're AWESOME. I'd do this as a LAST resort since you really won't enjoy the full benefits of it sinc you'll only be 'using' it during sleeping hours. Don't misunderstand me - That's nice. But a warm floor system is really 'cool' underfoot.
PPS: God bless America
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- Make Your Bed: 9 DIY Headboards
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- Space-Saving Solutions for Tiny Bedrooms
- 9 Perfect Color Combos for Your Home
- 22 Tiny Houses We Love
- See the Most Highly Anticipated Colors for 2015
- What's the Best Color for Living Rooms?
- Favorite Space-Saving Double-Duty Furniture
- 10 Low-Cost DIY Home Security Solutions
- Redecorate Without Spending a Dime: 10 Ideas
- 10 Houseplants You Can Grow Anywhere
- 9 Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 10 Doable Designs for a DIY Rug
- 9 Alternative Uses for Toothpaste
- Live Large in a (Very) Small Space
- 8 Cheap and Unique DIY Nightstands
- 15 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- Supersize Your Small Bath with 8 Pro Tips
- Don't Try This at Home: 7 Dangerous DIYs
- 10 Simple Woodworking Projects
- Is There Anything Vinegar Can't Do?
- 7 Incredible Uses for Salvaged Lumber
- 12 Tiny Gardens You Can Grow on a Tabletop
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 10 Surprisingly Smart Solutions for Junk Drawers
- Bright & Bold Colors for Your Front Door
- DIY Bookcases: 16 Easy Project Ideas
- Don't Make These 7 Fireplace Mistakes