How to make crawl space warmer
I agree - Check the insulation.
I replaced my insulation and ran nylon string in a perpendicular direction to the joists while using roofing nails to 'wrap' the string around as I went (to hold the insulation up. I used Kraft-sided insulation with the Kraft facing UP towards the heated floor.) The duct, itself, should be insulated independent of the floor. You can find duct insulation in the Home Centers.
Also, depending on where you live ..., if you have vents in the crawl, you may be OK to close them in Winter. Do check around.
My best to ya and hope this helps.
Jay J -Moderator
PS: Forget heating the crawlspace. If you want a REALLY warm floor, look into a Warm Floor System. They're AWESOME. I'd do this as a LAST resort since you really won't enjoy the full benefits of it sinc you'll only be 'using' it during sleeping hours. Don't misunderstand me - That's nice. But a warm floor system is really 'cool' underfoot.
PPS: God bless America
- 15 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 17 Design Inspirations for Mudrooms and Entryways
- 25 Clever Ideas for Repurposed Storage
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- 30 Things Every Homeowner Should Know How to Do
- 11 Clever Alternatives to Kitchen Cabinets
- 10 Planters You Can Make Out of Everyday Things
- 10 Things You Can Build with Plumbing Pipes
- Garden Paths: 12 Easy-to-Imitate Stone Walkways
- 20 Ways to Make a Small Bathroom Big
- 16 Ingenious IKEA Hacks
- 18 Clever and Easy DIY Ways to Use Rope at Home
- 10 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- 10 Room Dividers to Bring Order to Your Space
- 11 Garden Borders You Can Make
- Tips and Tricks to Fit More into Less Closet Space
- Secret Rooms: 10 Special Spaces Hidden from Sight