1. Trim the width of the venetian blinds. This involves cutting the valance, head rail, bottom rail and slats with a hacksaw. Calculate the width of the blinds with a measuring tape, and mark with a pen.
2. Pull the end stiffener out of the head rail, which is the metal piece. Use a saw to trim the metal head rail on the line you made. Move the piece out of the way with a pair of pliers while you saw. Push the end of the head rail together with the pliers. Place the end stiffener back in the head rail.
3. Repeat step 2 to trim the bottom rail in the same manner.
4.Bind the blind slats together with rubber bands and make sure they are even. Trim them with a hacksaw that has a dull blade, so they are not damaged. Place masking tape over the slats, and make a line where you need to cut.
5. Draw a line with a pen on the valance where you need to trim it. Cut under the line to ensure there is proper room for the metal brackets.
6. Slide the head rail and bottom rail back in place. Place the valance back on the head rail. Hang the blinds back on the window, and make sure the length is correct.
Thanks and Regards
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 70 Gardening Tricks and Ideas for Beginners
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- Capitalize on Your Attic: 10 Inspirations
- 15 Once-Popular Items Now Vanishing
- 159 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 12 Garden Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- 10 Essentials for the Perfect Modern Bath
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 283 Great DIY Project Ideas
- Picture-Perfect Patios: 10 Outdoor Spaces to Love
- 10 Clever Uses for Space Under Stairs
- 17 Backsplashes for a Unique Kitchen
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 16 Ways to Use Salvaged Wood in Your Home
- 108 Easy Outdoor Living Ideas
- The Right Path: 15 Wonderful Walkway Designs
- Stay Bite-Free with 8 High-Tech Bug Zappers
- 14 Room Dividers to Organize Your Space
- 15 Easy Steps to a Dust-Free Home
- 15 Unexpected DIY Flooring Alternatives
- Perk Up Your Garden with 10 New Perennials
- DIY Organization: 10 Cheap and Easy Ideas
- 15 "Neat" Garage Storage Solutions
- 11 Creative Ways to Reuse Cardboard Boxes
- Why You Should Reconsider Aboveground Pools