1. Trim the width of the venetian blinds. This involves cutting the valance, head rail, bottom rail and slats with a hacksaw. Calculate the width of the blinds with a measuring tape, and mark with a pen.
2. Pull the end stiffener out of the head rail, which is the metal piece. Use a saw to trim the metal head rail on the line you made. Move the piece out of the way with a pair of pliers while you saw. Push the end of the head rail together with the pliers. Place the end stiffener back in the head rail.
3. Repeat step 2 to trim the bottom rail in the same manner.
4.Bind the blind slats together with rubber bands and make sure they are even. Trim them with a hacksaw that has a dull blade, so they are not damaged. Place masking tape over the slats, and make a line where you need to cut.
5. Draw a line with a pen on the valance where you need to trim it. Cut under the line to ensure there is proper room for the metal brackets.
6. Slide the head rail and bottom rail back in place. Place the valance back on the head rail. Hang the blinds back on the window, and make sure the length is correct.
Thanks and Regards
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 30 Things Everyone Should Know
- 25 Insanely Easy-to-Make Holiday Ornaments
- 20 Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 10 Classic Ways to Brighten Up a Dark Room
- 10 Quick and Creative Stocking Stuffers
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 7 Unauthorized Uses for Common Appliances
- 8 Ways to Make a Small Room Look Big
- Best Secret Hiding Spots We've Ever Seen
- Sweet Dreams: 15 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- 11 Ways to Winterize Your Home
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- 10 Must-Do Projects for November
- 8 Cheap and Unique DIY Nightstands
- 15 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- Supersize Your Small Bath with 8 Pro Tips
- 8 Unique Ways to Build Your Own Table
- Woodworking for Beginners: 10 Projects
- 10 Houseplants You Can Grow ANYWHERE
- 10 Doable Designs for a DIY Rug
- 7 Incredible Uses for Salvaged Lumber
- 10 Bookcases You Can Make Yourself
- 7 Mistakes Not to Make with Your Fireplace
- The Easy 1-Hour Money-Saving Home Checkup
- Quick Fixes for a Fresher Shower
- Don't Try This at Home: 7 Dangerous DIYs
- 10 Ways to Redecorate Without Spending a Dime
- The Top 10 Artificial Christmas Trees