1. Trim the width of the venetian blinds. This involves cutting the valance, head rail, bottom rail and slats with a hacksaw. Calculate the width of the blinds with a measuring tape, and mark with a pen.
2. Pull the end stiffener out of the head rail, which is the metal piece. Use a saw to trim the metal head rail on the line you made. Move the piece out of the way with a pair of pliers while you saw. Push the end of the head rail together with the pliers. Place the end stiffener back in the head rail.
3. Repeat step 2 to trim the bottom rail in the same manner.
4.Bind the blind slats together with rubber bands and make sure they are even. Trim them with a hacksaw that has a dull blade, so they are not damaged. Place masking tape over the slats, and make a line where you need to cut.
5. Draw a line with a pen on the valance where you need to trim it. Cut under the line to ensure there is proper room for the metal brackets.
6. Slide the head rail and bottom rail back in place. Place the valance back on the head rail. Hang the blinds back on the window, and make sure the length is correct.
Thanks and Regards
- 15 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 17 Design Inspirations for Mudrooms and Entryways
- 70 Gardening Tricks and Ideas for Total Beginners
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- 10 Simple Woodworking Projects Anyone Can Do
- 11 Clever Alternatives to Kitchen Cabinets
- 159 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 9 "Killer" Ways to Eliminate Weeds
- 142 Remarkable Houses Around the World
- Designers Reveal Today's Top 10 Bath Remodeling Trends
- 10 Ways to Live Large in a Small Space
- 11 Amazing Homemade Sheds to Inspire Your Own
- Shelf Life: 10 Bookcase Projects You Can DIY
- 10 Room Dividers to Bring Order to Your Space
- 11 Creative Garden Borders You Can Make—Easily!
- Tips and Tricks to Fit More into Less Closet Space
- Secret Rooms: 10 Special Spaces Hidden from Sight