1. Trim the width of the venetian blinds. This involves cutting the valance, head rail, bottom rail and slats with a hacksaw. Calculate the width of the blinds with a measuring tape, and mark with a pen.
2. Pull the end stiffener out of the head rail, which is the metal piece. Use a saw to trim the metal head rail on the line you made. Move the piece out of the way with a pair of pliers while you saw. Push the end of the head rail together with the pliers. Place the end stiffener back in the head rail.
3. Repeat step 2 to trim the bottom rail in the same manner.
4.Bind the blind slats together with rubber bands and make sure they are even. Trim them with a hacksaw that has a dull blade, so they are not damaged. Place masking tape over the slats, and make a line where you need to cut.
5. Draw a line with a pen on the valance where you need to trim it. Cut under the line to ensure there is proper room for the metal brackets.
6. Slide the head rail and bottom rail back in place. Place the valance back on the head rail. Hang the blinds back on the window, and make sure the length is correct.
Thanks and Regards
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 30 Things Everyone Should Know
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 20 Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 9 Ways to Troubleshoot the Furnace
- 11 Real Haunted Houses to Visit--If You Dare!
- 9 Alternative Uses for Toothpaste
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 8 Ways to Make a Small Room Look Big
- 21 Expert Picks for Fail-Safe Colors
- 10 Fall Door DIYs for the Best House on the Block
- The Cheapest Ways to Boost Home Value
- 10 New Uses for Old Doors
- 10 Unexpected Uses for Spray Paint
- 8 Unique Ways to Build Your Own Table
- Woodworking for Beginners: 10 Projects
- 8 Amazing Handmade Kitchen Counters
- 10 New Uses for Old Dressers
- 7 Upgrades You Can Do in Under 300 Seconds
- 10 Thrifty DIY Ways to Organize Your Home
- 26 Easy Painted Pumpkins for Halloween
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 5 "Make in a Weekend" Bookshelf Projects
- 9 Decorating Lessons We Learned from Social Media
- 10 "Zero Dollar" Storage Hacks
- 121 DIY Ideas for Halloween
- The 10 Best Things to Buy Secondhand
- 16 Must-See Coffee Tables You Can DIY—Easily!