Estimated Cost of Framing/Finishing a 10x10 Room?
Does it need a ceiling, carpeting, any additional electrical work? Are there windows to deal with? Is it heated and air conditioned, or does that need to be added? Insulation, phone jacks and wiring, etc.?
All this should be considered before the "finishing" is complete and all may affect the cost.
[This message has been edited by rpxlpx (edited October 30, 2001).]
Your material costs would be a bit less, but not much. To pay someone to do the work will equal material costs.
For a ballpark figure, a minimum of $7500. $10,000 is probably closer. A lot depends on where you live and how busy the builders are.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- See the Most Highly Anticipated Colors for 2015
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 10 Unexpected Spots for Accent Colors
- 10 Fantastic Furniture Makeovers
- Worth It: 8 Renovations That Pay You Back
- 9 Closet Storage Tips from a Pro Organizer
- 7 Seriously Surprising Spots for a Fireplace
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- 12 Tiny Gardens to Grow on a Tabletop
- Supersize Your Small Bathroom with 8 Tips
- Kitchen Envy: 10 Rooms We Love