Estimated Cost of Framing/Finishing a 10x10 Room?
Does it need a ceiling, carpeting, any additional electrical work? Are there windows to deal with? Is it heated and air conditioned, or does that need to be added? Insulation, phone jacks and wiring, etc.?
All this should be considered before the "finishing" is complete and all may affect the cost.
[This message has been edited by rpxlpx (edited October 30, 2001).]
Your material costs would be a bit less, but not much. To pay someone to do the work will equal material costs.
For a ballpark figure, a minimum of $7500. $10,000 is probably closer. A lot depends on where you live and how busy the builders are.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 13 Lazy Cleaning Tricks for a Spotless Home
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 7 House Sounds You Never Want to Ignore
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- Worth It: 8 Renovations That Pay You Back
- Organize Your Life with 12 Dollar-Store Buys
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- Don't Make These 7 Mistakes in Small Spaces
- 20 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 15 Totally Unexpected DIY Flooring Alternatives
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 10 Closet Cures That Cost Less Than $100
- 11 Easy DIY Projects to Declutter Your Home
- 10 "Zero Dollar" Garden Hacks
- 10 Killproof Plants for a No-Effort Landscape
- 9 Insanely Easy 1-Hour Backyard Projects