Estimated Cost of Framing/Finishing a 10x10 Room?
Does it need a ceiling, carpeting, any additional electrical work? Are there windows to deal with? Is it heated and air conditioned, or does that need to be added? Insulation, phone jacks and wiring, etc.?
All this should be considered before the "finishing" is complete and all may affect the cost.
[This message has been edited by rpxlpx (edited October 30, 2001).]
Your material costs would be a bit less, but not much. To pay someone to do the work will equal material costs.
For a ballpark figure, a minimum of $7500. $10,000 is probably closer. A lot depends on where you live and how busy the builders are.
- 15 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 17 Design Inspirations for Mudrooms and Entryways
- 70 Gardening Tricks and Ideas for Total Beginners
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- 10 Simple Woodworking Projects Anyone Can Do
- 11 Clever Alternatives to Kitchen Cabinets
- 159 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 9 "Killer" Ways to Eliminate Weeds
- 142 Remarkable Houses Around the World
- Designers Reveal Today's Top 10 Bath Remodeling Trends
- 10 Ways to Live Large in a Small Space
- 11 Amazing Homemade Sheds to Inspire Your Own
- Shelf Life: 10 Bookcase Projects You Can DIY
- 10 Room Dividers to Bring Order to Your Space
- 11 Creative Garden Borders You Can Make—Easily!
- Tips and Tricks to Fit More into Less Closet Space
- Secret Rooms: 10 Special Spaces Hidden from Sight