chain link to picket fence
Maybe a Lumber Yard can route-out the centers of your 4x4s. This would meant that they'd have to cut them in half, length-wise, then route them out (half and half) to the proper diameter of your existing posts. Also, your 4x4 posts would be 1/8" less due to the saw blade, so the Yard needs to compensate for that. Then, you'd have to pilot-drill a few holes in the 'sandwich' in a few places, up along the length of the sandwhich, though which you'll use bolts to keep the sandwich together. I think you'd want the saw-lines to be on the front and rear of your fence line vs. the left and right because your bolts need to be parallel to your beams. You'll have to cap the tops if the Yard routes-out the entire length of the half-posts. If you have them only go up 4' (or a short more higher than the top of your existing posts), then you won't need post-caps.
Now, remember - If you have to ever drill THROUGH your new fence posts (after they're installed) there is a steel post in there. Hopefully, you won't. Good luck!
My best to ya and hope this helps.
Jay J -Moderator
PS: God Bless America!
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 30 Things Everyone Should Know
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 20 Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 9 Ways to Troubleshoot the Furnace
- 11 Real Haunted Houses to Visit--If You Dare!
- 9 Alternative Uses for Toothpaste
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 8 Ways to Make a Small Room Look Big
- 21 Expert Picks for Fail-Safe Colors
- 10 Fall Door DIYs for the Best House on the Block
- The Cheapest Ways to Boost Home Value
- 10 New Uses for Old Doors
- 10 Unexpected Uses for Spray Paint
- 8 Unique Ways to Build Your Own Table
- Woodworking for Beginners: 10 Projects
- 8 Amazing Handmade Kitchen Counters
- 10 New Uses for Old Dressers
- 7 Upgrades You Can Do in Under 300 Seconds
- 10 Thrifty DIY Ways to Organize Your Home
- 26 Easy Painted Pumpkins for Halloween
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 5 "Make in a Weekend" Bookshelf Projects
- 3 New Ways to Decorate with Fallen Leaves
- 10 "Zero Dollar" Storage Hacks
- 121 DIY Ideas for Halloween
- The 10 Best Things to Buy Secondhand
- 16 Must-See Coffee Tables You Can DIY—Easily!