You have a lot going on here. Yes, you should have laid a filter fabric or landscape fabric down first before you laid your gravel and piping and covering-gravel. Not having done that will allows the dirt to 'pollute' your gravel and eventually, it may lead to clogging in your piping. Once you see dirt or silt coming out your drain tile, you know that's what's happening. You may be able to slow down the process if you were to lay some 30 lb felt on TOP of whatever you have now. This will channel away most of the water that runs down vertically towards the tile. Water may still migrate horizontally but, the further out away from the wall you lay the felt, the better your chances are the dirt will stay 'dry' under the felt. Of course, laying down the felt almost defeats the purpose of the tile (but not really.) In short, lay down an 'umbrella' of felt as large as reasonably possible over the drain tile. I'd lay it down at LEAST 12" from the surface. (The deeper, the better because it's that much closer to the house.) And run the felt right up against the foundation too.
I'd stick with crushed stone. NO SAND! It will clog your tile. You should stick with 3/4" as a benchmark. A litle smaller or larger is OK. RE: The deck situation - I can't understand what you're saying. Perhaps I answered that one indirectly up above ...
My best to ya and hope this helps.
Jay J -Moderator
PS: GOd Bless America!
Type of drain system-PVC pipe or "Hydraway" (and abe...
wet basement, drain tile or landscape?
Drain tile installation insturctions?
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 30 Things Everyone Should Know
- 15 Fast Facade Fixes for Instant Curb Appeal
- 9 Expert Furniture Arranging Tips
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- 13 Lanterns For Your Porch, Patio, or Garden
- 5 Ways to Repurpose Old Window Screens
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 7 Smart Shoe Racks You Can Make Today
- 9 Ways to Extend Patio Season into Fall
- 9 Potent Cleaners You Didn't Know You Had
- 12 Hobbit Houses to Make You Consider Moving Underground
- 16 Cool DIY Coffee Tables
- 10 Fall Home Maintenance Musts
- Supersize Your Small Bath With These 8 Pro Tips
- 15 Neat Garage Storage Solutions
- Buy or Build: 15 Desks We Love
- 10 Great DIY Bookshelf Projects
- 5 Minutes Flat: 7 Upgrades You Can Do in Under 300 Seconds
- 10 Creative New Ways to Use Old Bottles
- 10 FREE Storage Hacks
- 10 New Uses for Old Doors
- 10 "Must Do" September Projects
- 9 Calming Colors for a Serene Home
- 16 Easy Ideas for Customized Cabinets
- 17 Mini Bars to Mix Up Your Home Decor
- 20 Ways to Make a Small Bathroom Big
- 12 Unique DIY Kitchen Island Designs