ok, me and the wife just bought a 40-50year old home with a small basement. the floor is concrete with some sort of old paint covering it which is seemingly worn through. we would like to repaint the floor so that it not only looks nice, but also protects the floor from condensation/moisture. we bought a cement floor paint from the home depot, but in the directions it doesn't go into detail on how to go about applying the paint. do i HAVE to remove the old worn out paint? can i simply use a normal roller to apply this water based paint? can anybody offer me any advice/tips on this endeavor?
thanks for any and all help you can send my way!
- 15 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 17 Design Inspirations for Mudrooms and Entryways
- 70 Gardening Tricks and Ideas for Total Beginners
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- 10 Simple Woodworking Projects Anyone Can Do
- 11 Clever Alternatives to Kitchen Cabinets
- 159 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 9 "Killer" Ways to Eliminate Weeds
- 142 Remarkable Houses Around the World
- Designers Reveal Today's Top 10 Bath Remodeling Trends
- 10 Ways to Live Large in a Small Space
- 11 Amazing Homemade Sheds to Inspire Your Own
- Shelf Life: 10 Bookcase Projects You Can DIY
- 10 Room Dividers to Bring Order to Your Space
- 11 Creative Garden Borders You Can Make—Easily!
- Tips and Tricks to Fit More into Less Closet Space
- Secret Rooms: 10 Special Spaces Hidden from Sight