New Basement in Texas???
Apart from bedrock problems, of course you can construct a waterproof basement: you can construct a pool that is waterproof and does not let water out: why not a basement that does not let water in?
In construction, the question is almost NEVER "can we" but "how much would it cost?" You can do almost anything with an unlimited budget: you can erect a giant, up-side down pyramid if you want to.
The cost will depend quite a bit upon the depth of the water table at your location. If you live on a 300-foot bluff overlooking the lake, you probably will not have problems because the water table is well below you. If your land is entirely along the shoreline with no grade, it will probably cost more.
- 10 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 11 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 12 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- Kitchen Envy: 10 Rooms We Love
- 25 Clever Ideas for Repurposed Storage
- 10 Surprising Ways to Cure Household Odors
- 11 Ways to Winterize Your Home on a Budget
- 10 Ways to Live Large in a Small Space
- 10 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- Dressing Up the Dresser: 11 Clever DIY Transformations
- 12 Hobbit Houses to Make You Consider Moving Underground
- 10 Ways to Use Mirrors to Your Design Advantage
- 10 New Uses for Old Doors
- How To: Paint EVERYTHING
- Man, Oh Man! 7 Unbelievable Guy Spaces
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 12 Wow-Worthy Woods for Kitchen Countertops
- 10 "Neat" Garage Storage Solutions
- 10 Houseplants to Improve Indoor Air Quality
- How To: Clean EVERYTHING