New Basement in Texas???
Apart from bedrock problems, of course you can construct a waterproof basement: you can construct a pool that is waterproof and does not let water out: why not a basement that does not let water in?
In construction, the question is almost NEVER "can we" but "how much would it cost?" You can do almost anything with an unlimited budget: you can erect a giant, up-side down pyramid if you want to.
The cost will depend quite a bit upon the depth of the water table at your location. If you live on a 300-foot bluff overlooking the lake, you probably will not have problems because the water table is well below you. If your land is entirely along the shoreline with no grade, it will probably cost more.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 7 Surprising Other Uses for Mayonnaise
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 8 Cleaning Mistakes Everyone Makes
- 10 Insanely Creative Shelves You Can DIY
- 10 Bargain Organizers for a Tidy Garage
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 9 Backyard Fire Pits You Can Afford
- 10 Things You Didn't Know Windex Can Do
- Watch These 10 Home Trends Take Off in 2015
- Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 16 Garden Borders You Can Make—Easily!