I'm framing in a part of my basement and would like to install carpeting in the new room. I do not have moisture problems but I laid down 6-mil plastic sheeting over the slab just in case. On top of the plastic, I have put down 1/2" CDX plywood as a sub floor and was planning to install the carpet over that. The problem is that the plywood is not flat. Some of the pieces are bowed or otherwise warped. Was this the wrong material to use or did the yard just send poor samples of the plywood. Will it flatten out over time? (yea, right) Thanks for any help or advise.
How did you fasten the plywood? 1/2" is pretty thin and will require many fasteners to keep it flat........
I haven't fastened it at all yet. I didn't want to punch a bunch of holes through the vapor barrier. I'm thinking now, I should just lay the pad and carpet directly on the plastic sheeting and give up on the underlayment. Either that or go with a thicker underlayment that would stay flat. It that posible without fasteners or adhesive? Also, the ceiling is only 6'10" so I'm trying not to eat into the headroom too much.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- Make Your Bed: 9 DIY Headboards
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- Space-Saving Solutions for Tiny Bedrooms
- 9 Perfect Color Combos for Your Home
- 22 Tiny Houses We Love
- See the Most Highly Anticipated Colors for 2015
- What's the Best Color for Living Rooms?
- Favorite Space-Saving Double-Duty Furniture
- 10 Low-Cost DIY Home Security Solutions
- Redecorate Without Spending a Dime: 10 Ideas
- 10 Houseplants You Can Grow Anywhere
- 9 Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 10 Doable Designs for a DIY Rug
- 9 Alternative Uses for Toothpaste
- Live Large in a (Very) Small Space
- 8 Cheap and Unique DIY Nightstands
- 15 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- Supersize Your Small Bath with 8 Pro Tips
- Don't Try This at Home: 7 Dangerous DIYs
- 10 Simple Woodworking Projects
- Is There Anything Vinegar Can't Do?
- 7 Incredible Uses for Salvaged Lumber
- 12 Tiny Gardens You Can Grow on a Tabletop
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 10 Surprisingly Smart Solutions for Junk Drawers
- Bright & Bold Colors for Your Front Door
- DIY Bookcases: 16 Easy Project Ideas
- Don't Make These 7 Fireplace Mistakes