Beaver Basement Waterproof System
First check the gutters. I found that after replacing my gutters I no longer had water come into the main part of my basement. It was flowing over the old gutters and splashing over the sill into the basement.
Second check the grade, look for any low spots around where you think water is coming in. If you see any places that look washed down a bit, or you see gravel, more than likely thats where the water is getting in.
Third, take a peice of plastic and tape it down on the floor around where the water comes in and check it the next day for moisture, if you see moisture under the plastic, chances are the water is seeping in from underneath, and no matter what you do above the floor, you will always get water in until you resolve the reason for water under the slab.
If the third on is your problem you will need to hire a contractor to remove part of the slab around the perimeter of the foundation and put in a drainage system and sump pit.
Competition to Owen Corning Basement Finishing System
basement exhaust fans
Owens Corning Basement System - Paintable?
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 30 Things Everyone Should Know
- 15 Fast Facade Fixes for Instant Curb Appeal
- 9 Expert Furniture Arranging Tips
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- 13 Lanterns For Your Porch, Patio, or Garden
- 5 Ways to Repurpose Old Window Screens
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 7 Smart Shoe Racks You Can Make Today
- 9 Ways to Extend Patio Season into Fall
- 9 Potent Cleaners You Didn't Know You Had
- 12 Hobbit Houses to Make You Consider Moving Underground
- 16 Cool DIY Coffee Tables
- 10 Fall Home Maintenance Musts
- Supersize Your Small Bath With These 8 Pro Tips
- 15 Neat Garage Storage Solutions
- Buy or Build: 15 Desks We Love
- 10 Great DIY Bookshelf Projects
- 5 Minutes Flat: 7 Upgrades You Can Do in Under 300 Seconds
- 10 Creative New Ways to Use Old Bottles
- 10 FREE Storage Hacks
- 10 New Uses for Old Doors
- 10 "Must Do" September Projects
- 9 Calming Colors for a Serene Home
- 16 Easy Ideas for Customized Cabinets
- 17 Mini Bars to Mix Up Your Home Decor
- 20 Ways to Make a Small Bathroom Big
- 12 Unique DIY Kitchen Island Designs