Beaver Basement Waterproof System
First check the gutters. I found that after replacing my gutters I no longer had water come into the main part of my basement. It was flowing over the old gutters and splashing over the sill into the basement.
Second check the grade, look for any low spots around where you think water is coming in. If you see any places that look washed down a bit, or you see gravel, more than likely thats where the water is getting in.
Third, take a peice of plastic and tape it down on the floor around where the water comes in and check it the next day for moisture, if you see moisture under the plastic, chances are the water is seeping in from underneath, and no matter what you do above the floor, you will always get water in until you resolve the reason for water under the slab.
If the third on is your problem you will need to hire a contractor to remove part of the slab around the perimeter of the foundation and put in a drainage system and sump pit.
Competition to Owen Corning Basement Finishing System
basement exhaust fans
Owens Corning Basement System - Paintable?
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 30 Things Everyone Should Know
- 25 Insanely Easy-to-Make Holiday Ornaments
- 20 Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 10 Classic Ways to Brighten Up a Dark Room
- 10 Quick and Creative Stocking Stuffers
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 7 Unauthorized Uses for Common Appliances
- 8 Ways to Make a Small Room Look Big
- Best Secret Hiding Spots We've Ever Seen
- Sweet Dreams: 15 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- 11 Ways to Winterize Your Home
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- 10 Must-Do Projects for November
- 8 Cheap and Unique DIY Nightstands
- 15 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- Supersize Your Small Bath with 8 Pro Tips
- 8 Unique Ways to Build Your Own Table
- Woodworking for Beginners: 10 Projects
- 10 Houseplants You Can Grow ANYWHERE
- 10 Doable Designs for a DIY Rug
- 7 Incredible Uses for Salvaged Lumber
- 10 Bookcases You Can Make Yourself
- 7 Mistakes Not to Make with Your Fireplace
- The Easy 1-Hour Money-Saving Home Checkup
- Quick Fixes for a Fresher Shower
- Don't Try This at Home: 7 Dangerous DIYs
- 10 Ways to Redecorate Without Spending a Dime
- The Top 10 Artificial Christmas Trees