Beaver Basement Waterproof System
First check the gutters. I found that after replacing my gutters I no longer had water come into the main part of my basement. It was flowing over the old gutters and splashing over the sill into the basement.
Second check the grade, look for any low spots around where you think water is coming in. If you see any places that look washed down a bit, or you see gravel, more than likely thats where the water is getting in.
Third, take a peice of plastic and tape it down on the floor around where the water comes in and check it the next day for moisture, if you see moisture under the plastic, chances are the water is seeping in from underneath, and no matter what you do above the floor, you will always get water in until you resolve the reason for water under the slab.
If the third on is your problem you will need to hire a contractor to remove part of the slab around the perimeter of the foundation and put in a drainage system and sump pit.
Competition to Owen Corning Basement Finishing System
basement exhaust fans
Owens Corning Basement System - Paintable?
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- Make Your Bed: 9 DIY Headboards
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- Space-Saving Solutions for Tiny Bedrooms
- 9 Perfect Color Combos for Your Home
- 22 Tiny Houses We Love
- See the Most Highly Anticipated Colors for 2015
- What's the Best Color for Living Rooms?
- Favorite Space-Saving Double-Duty Furniture
- 10 Low-Cost DIY Home Security Solutions
- Redecorate Without Spending a Dime: 10 Ideas
- 10 Houseplants You Can Grow Anywhere
- 9 Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 10 Doable Designs for a DIY Rug
- 9 Alternative Uses for Toothpaste
- Live Large in a (Very) Small Space
- 8 Cheap and Unique DIY Nightstands
- 15 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- Supersize Your Small Bath with 8 Pro Tips
- Don't Try This at Home: 7 Dangerous DIYs
- 10 Simple Woodworking Projects
- Is There Anything Vinegar Can't Do?
- 7 Incredible Uses for Salvaged Lumber
- 12 Tiny Gardens You Can Grow on a Tabletop
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 10 Surprisingly Smart Solutions for Junk Drawers
- Bright & Bold Colors for Your Front Door
- DIY Bookcases: 16 Easy Project Ideas
- Don't Make These 7 Fireplace Mistakes