another type of cement patio question
My question is.Is a cement patio more harmfull than not to a house foundation,basement and all that or am i just paranoid?In the area i feel there could be some water leaking but not sure.If there is could it be in my best interest to remove this patio and put in soil and grass, and if so how far down does this usually go and can a person chop it up himself to remove it.
Thank you for your consideration.
If the patio is pretty much dead level, or cracked and in poor condition, then there may be water settling into areas of the subgrade that it might not otherwise go. But look at it this way, if you removed the patio after finding that water leaks through the cracks and into the ground below, and then replace the patio with loam and seed...where will the rain water be going then? Right into the ground.
As long as your patio doesn't direct a lot of water back to the house because it slopes the wrong way, you shouldn't have too much to worry about.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 11 Signs of an Unhappy Houseplant
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 10 Cool Shipping Container Homes
- 9 Perfect Color Combos for Your Home
- 22 Tiny Houses We Love
- See the Most Highly Anticipated Colors for 2015
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- Favorite Space-Saving Double-Duty Furniture
- 10 IKEA Favorites, DIY Style
- Redecorate Without Spending a Dime: 10 Ideas
- 10 Houseplants You Can Grow Anywhere
- 9 Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 10 Doable Designs for a DIY Rug
- 9 Alternative Uses for Toothpaste
- Live Large in a (Very) Small Space
- 8 Cheap and Unique DIY Nightstands
- 15 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- Supersize Your Small Bath with 8 Pro Tips