another type of cement patio question
My question is.Is a cement patio more harmfull than not to a house foundation,basement and all that or am i just paranoid?In the area i feel there could be some water leaking but not sure.If there is could it be in my best interest to remove this patio and put in soil and grass, and if so how far down does this usually go and can a person chop it up himself to remove it.
Thank you for your consideration.
If the patio is pretty much dead level, or cracked and in poor condition, then there may be water settling into areas of the subgrade that it might not otherwise go. But look at it this way, if you removed the patio after finding that water leaks through the cracks and into the ground below, and then replace the patio with loam and seed...where will the rain water be going then? Right into the ground.
As long as your patio doesn't direct a lot of water back to the house because it slopes the wrong way, you shouldn't have too much to worry about.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 7 Surprising Other Uses for Mayonnaise
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 21 Ways to Spring Clean—Naturally
- Show Off: 9 Ways to Display a Collection
- The Best Paint Colors for Low-Light Rooms
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 8 Clever Storage Solutions for Pots & Pans
- 8 Creative OTHER Ways to Use a Closet
- 12 Tiny Gardens to Grow on a Tabletop
- 15 Eye-Catching Front Door Options
- 12 Places You Never Clean—But Should!