dry lock paint
Grade soils away from house and maintain gutters/eaverstroughs. If that doesn't stop water penetration, more drastic and costly measures are required.
As long as water is migrating through the concrete basement wall, you will continue to have efflourescence ( leaching of mineral salts out of the concrete) driving the paint off the wall.
If it is fairly minor, you could treat the interior of the wall with Thoroseal mixture before painting to avoid digging up the whole yard.
It is also a possibility that you are having condensation instead of leakage. Does this happen priomarily above ground level where the masonry is exposed to colder outside air? If that is the case, the cold surface is encouraging precipitation. Insulating the wall is the answer for that.
Finally, once the moisture problem is taken care of, you can paint the wall but any paint - especially primer - should be an alkyd made for masonry. It will state so on the can lable. Be sure the wall is clean and dry.
Finishing dry basement, do I need waterproof inside
Question for LWP, Cellarman, Basement Waterproofer a...
Sealing the Foundation from Seepage
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 30 Things Everyone Should Know
- 25 Insanely Easy-to-Make Holiday Ornaments
- 20 Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 10 Classic Ways to Brighten Up a Dark Room
- 10 Houseplants to Improve Indoor Air Quality
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 7 Unauthorized Uses for Common Appliances
- 8 Ways to Make a Small Room Look Big
- Best Secret Hiding Spots We've Ever Seen
- Sweet Dreams: 15 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- 11 Ways to Winterize Your Home
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- 17 Creative Ways to Repurpose Cardboard
- 8 Cheap and Unique DIY Nightstands
- 15 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- Supersize Your Small Bath with 8 Pro Tips
- 8 Unique Ways to Build Your Own Table
- Woodworking for Beginners: 10 Projects
- 10 Houseplants You Can Grow ANYWHERE
- 10 Doable Designs for a DIY Rug
- 7 Incredible Uses for Salvaged Lumber
- 10 Bookcases You Can Make Yourself
- 7 Mistakes Not to Make with Your Fireplace
- The Easy 1-Hour Money-Saving Home Checkup
- Quick Fixes for a Fresher Shower
- Don't Try This at Home: 7 Dangerous DIYs
- 10 Ways to Redecorate Without Spending a Dime
- 16 Coffee Tables You Can DIY—Easily!