dry lock paint
Grade soils away from house and maintain gutters/eaverstroughs. If that doesn't stop water penetration, more drastic and costly measures are required.
As long as water is migrating through the concrete basement wall, you will continue to have efflourescence ( leaching of mineral salts out of the concrete) driving the paint off the wall.
If it is fairly minor, you could treat the interior of the wall with Thoroseal mixture before painting to avoid digging up the whole yard.
It is also a possibility that you are having condensation instead of leakage. Does this happen priomarily above ground level where the masonry is exposed to colder outside air? If that is the case, the cold surface is encouraging precipitation. Insulating the wall is the answer for that.
Finally, once the moisture problem is taken care of, you can paint the wall but any paint - especially primer - should be an alkyd made for masonry. It will state so on the can lable. Be sure the wall is clean and dry.
Finishing dry basement, do I need waterproof inside
Question for LWP, Cellarman, Basement Waterproofer a...
Sealing the Foundation from Seepage
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 30 Things Everyone Should Know
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 20 Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 9 Ways to Troubleshoot the Furnace
- 11 Real Haunted Houses to Visit--If You Dare!
- 9 Alternative Uses for Toothpaste
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 8 Ways to Make a Small Room Look Big
- 21 Expert Picks for Fail-Safe Colors
- 10 Fall Door DIYs for the Best House on the Block
- The Cheapest Ways to Boost Home Value
- 10 New Uses for Old Doors
- 10 Unexpected Uses for Spray Paint
- 8 Unique Ways to Build Your Own Table
- Woodworking for Beginners: 10 Projects
- 8 Amazing Handmade Kitchen Counters
- 10 New Uses for Old Dressers
- 7 Upgrades You Can Do in Under 300 Seconds
- 10 Thrifty DIY Ways to Organize Your Home
- 26 Easy Painted Pumpkins for Halloween
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 5 "Make in a Weekend" Bookshelf Projects
- 3 New Ways to Decorate with Fallen Leaves
- 10 "Zero Dollar" Storage Hacks
- 121 DIY Ideas for Halloween
- The 10 Best Things to Buy Secondhand
- 16 Must-See Coffee Tables You Can DIY—Easily!