dry lock paint
Grade soils away from house and maintain gutters/eaverstroughs. If that doesn't stop water penetration, more drastic and costly measures are required.
As long as water is migrating through the concrete basement wall, you will continue to have efflourescence ( leaching of mineral salts out of the concrete) driving the paint off the wall.
If it is fairly minor, you could treat the interior of the wall with Thoroseal mixture before painting to avoid digging up the whole yard.
It is also a possibility that you are having condensation instead of leakage. Does this happen priomarily above ground level where the masonry is exposed to colder outside air? If that is the case, the cold surface is encouraging precipitation. Insulating the wall is the answer for that.
Finally, once the moisture problem is taken care of, you can paint the wall but any paint - especially primer - should be an alkyd made for masonry. It will state so on the can lable. Be sure the wall is clean and dry.
Finishing dry basement, do I need waterproof inside
Question for LWP, Cellarman, Basement Waterproofer a...
Sealing the Foundation from Seepage
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 30 Things Everyone Should Know
- 15 Fast Facade Fixes for Instant Curb Appeal
- 9 Expert Furniture Arranging Tips
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- 13 Lanterns For Your Porch, Patio, or Garden
- 5 Ways to Repurpose Old Window Screens
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 7 Smart Shoe Racks You Can Make Today
- 12 Garden Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Clearing the Air: 10 Natural Ways to Remedy Household Odors
- 12 Hobbit Houses to Make You Consider Moving Underground
- 16 Cool DIY Coffee Tables
- 10 Fall Home Maintenance Musts
- Supersize Your Small Bath With These 8 Pro Tips
- 15 Neat Garage Storage Solutions
- Buy or Build: 15 Desks We Love
- 10 Great DIY Bookshelf Projects
- 5 Minutes Flat: 7 Upgrades You Can Do in Under 300 Seconds
- 10 Creative New Ways to Use Old Bottles
- 10 FREE Storage Hacks
- 10 New Uses for Old Doors
- 10 "Must Do" September Projects
- 9 Calming Colors for a Serene Home
- 16 Easy Ideas for Customized Cabinets
- 17 Mini Bars to Mix Up Your Home Decor
- 20 Ways to Make a Small Bathroom Big
- 12 Unique DIY Kitchen Island Designs