dry lock paint
Grade soils away from house and maintain gutters/eaverstroughs. If that doesn't stop water penetration, more drastic and costly measures are required.
As long as water is migrating through the concrete basement wall, you will continue to have efflourescence ( leaching of mineral salts out of the concrete) driving the paint off the wall.
If it is fairly minor, you could treat the interior of the wall with Thoroseal mixture before painting to avoid digging up the whole yard.
It is also a possibility that you are having condensation instead of leakage. Does this happen priomarily above ground level where the masonry is exposed to colder outside air? If that is the case, the cold surface is encouraging precipitation. Insulating the wall is the answer for that.
Finally, once the moisture problem is taken care of, you can paint the wall but any paint - especially primer - should be an alkyd made for masonry. It will state so on the can lable. Be sure the wall is clean and dry.
Sealing the Foundation from Seepage
Question for LWP, Cellarman, Basement Waterproofer a...
Finishing dry basement, do I need waterproof inside
- 15 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 17 Design Inspirations for Mudrooms and Entryways
- 70 Gardening Tricks and Ideas for Total Beginners
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- 10 Unexpected Spots for Accent Colors
- 11 Clever Alternatives to Kitchen Cabinets
- 159 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 21 "Expert Picks" for Fail-Safe Colors
- 9 Easy Ways to Kill Weeds Effectively
- 20 Ways to Make a Small Bathroom Big
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 11 Homemade Sheds to Fill Your Storage Needs
- Ultimate Lawn Care Guide: 12 Steps to a Prize-Winning Yard
- 10 Room Dividers to Bring Order to Your Space
- 11 Creative Garden Borders You Can Make—Easily!
- Tips and Tricks to Fit More into Less Closet Space
- Secret Rooms: 10 Special Spaces Hidden from Sight