Drywalling ceiling in basement
Lets say you wanted to run new wiring to your living room for a new outlet, if your basement ceiling was dry walled you would have to cut holes and fish the line to where you wanted it..however with a drop ceiling, just pop out a few pannels and its that much easier to do the job...good luck whatever you decide, but im speaking from experience...
I am considering finishing my basement and was think that I could leave access points (covered by an easily removed panel) in spots along the boxed in I beam and some access points directly under the upstairs walls.
I'm still trying to come up with a design that looks good but access to ceiling for inspection, repair and ugrades is very important and drop ceilings look like crap.
Drywall is a good approach. If a pipe leaks, you cut a section of drywall,make the repair. then repair the drywall. No big deal.
As for checking for level, there are a number of methods. Level is not the real issue though, you want the joist to be in plane. The simplest way is to use string. Pull the string across the joists and check for major deviations. If there are sagging joists, you may have to furr the ceiling down in order to even it up.
You DO have to leave access to junction boxes and water valves. Trouble doors are easy to make and can be unobtrusive.
I understand your viewpoint, I just disagree.
Try to find a match for a 10 year old ceiling tile, If you do match the pattern will the color be the same?
Agreeing to disagree,
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 7 Surprising Other Uses for Mayonnaise
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 11 Lessons to Learn from AirBnB's Tiniest Homes
- 10 DIY Ways to Redo Your Wall—Without Paint
- 8 Smart Shoe Racks You Can Make Today
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- Worth It: 8 Renovations That Pay You Back
- 7 House Sounds Never to Ignore
- Watch These 10 Home Trends Take Off in 2015
- 11 Things Never to Keep in Your Bedroom
- 12 Places You Never Clean—But Should!