Drywalling ceiling in basement
Lets say you wanted to run new wiring to your living room for a new outlet, if your basement ceiling was dry walled you would have to cut holes and fish the line to where you wanted it..however with a drop ceiling, just pop out a few pannels and its that much easier to do the job...good luck whatever you decide, but im speaking from experience...
I am considering finishing my basement and was think that I could leave access points (covered by an easily removed panel) in spots along the boxed in I beam and some access points directly under the upstairs walls.
I'm still trying to come up with a design that looks good but access to ceiling for inspection, repair and ugrades is very important and drop ceilings look like crap.
Drywall is a good approach. If a pipe leaks, you cut a section of drywall,make the repair. then repair the drywall. No big deal.
As for checking for level, there are a number of methods. Level is not the real issue though, you want the joist to be in plane. The simplest way is to use string. Pull the string across the joists and check for major deviations. If there are sagging joists, you may have to furr the ceiling down in order to even it up.
You DO have to leave access to junction boxes and water valves. Trouble doors are easy to make and can be unobtrusive.
I understand your viewpoint, I just disagree.
Try to find a match for a 10 year old ceiling tile, If you do match the pattern will the color be the same?
Agreeing to disagree,
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 13 Lazy Cleaning Tricks for a Spotless Home
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 7 House Sounds You Never Want to Ignore
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- Worth It: 8 Renovations That Pay You Back
- Organize Your Life with 12 Dollar-Store Buys
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- Don't Make These 7 Mistakes in Small Spaces
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 15 Totally Unexpected DIY Flooring Alternatives
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 10 Closet Cures That Cost Less Than $100
- 11 Easy DIY Projects to Declutter Your Home
- 10 "Zero Dollar" Garden Hacks
- 10 Killproof Plants for a No-Effort Landscape
- 9 Insanely Easy 1-Hour Backyard Projects