It is if the wood is in contact with concrete, you have to use PT. Reason is that concrete sweats or attracts condensate or allows moisture to migrate through it from the outside. Some few inspectors allow untreated wood if separated by a barrier of meetal or 30# tarpaper. The air space would suffice for studding. Untreated in direct cantact will rot faster.
I am also doing a basement bathroom and familyroom. I had a brother-in-law who is a carpenter drive in for a weekend and helped me frame the bathroom. I also used PT as a soleplate thanks to him telling me it was code. Now he just drilled a 3/16" hole down through the 2x4 and takes about 3" of wire called I belive tin wire and it's sold by the concrete stuff at the store wound up about the size of yore fist. Anyway he puts a pice in the hole along with a #16 nail and it snugs it down really tight. One note I'm going to use the aluminum studs for the rest of the basement. Trying to find a straight piece of wood is almost impossible these days.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- Make Your Bed: 9 DIY Headboards
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- Space-Saving Solutions for Tiny Bedrooms
- 9 Perfect Color Combos for Your Home
- 22 Tiny Houses We Love
- See the Most Highly Anticipated Colors for 2015
- What's the Best Color for Living Rooms?
- Favorite Space-Saving Double-Duty Furniture
- 10 Low-Cost DIY Home Security Solutions
- Redecorate Without Spending a Dime: 10 Ideas
- 10 Houseplants You Can Grow Anywhere
- 9 Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 10 Doable Designs for a DIY Rug
- 9 Alternative Uses for Toothpaste
- Live Large in a (Very) Small Space
- 8 Cheap and Unique DIY Nightstands
- 15 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- Supersize Your Small Bath with 8 Pro Tips
- Don't Try This at Home: 7 Dangerous DIYs
- 10 Simple Woodworking Projects
- Is There Anything Vinegar Can't Do?
- 7 Incredible Uses for Salvaged Lumber
- 12 Tiny Gardens You Can Grow on a Tabletop
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 10 Surprisingly Smart Solutions for Junk Drawers
- Bright & Bold Colors for Your Front Door
- DIY Bookcases: 16 Easy Project Ideas
- Don't Make These 7 Fireplace Mistakes