Hello. I just had a new double sink installed in kitchen. One bowel is larger than the other. The larger bowel is of course used to wash dishes, the smaller to dry. The plumber installed the p-trap under the smaller bowel. Should the p-trap not be installed under the larger bowel. Also, how high should the san tee be in my stack. Right now its about 6 inches from the cabinet bottom and thus the p-trap is about 3 inches from the cabinet floor. Is there not a minimum height p-traps and drains are supposed to be at?
Thx. Oops on the bowl....I am getting a real hollow sound in my sinks when the water drains. I thought that might have something to do with the height of the p-trap as there is over about a foot for the water to drop down to the trap. I thought stack might be blocked, but its clear, even poured hot water down it. Any idea why the hollow sound.
The tailpiece (from sink to top of trap) should be less than 24". If longer then the flow of water might cause the trap to empty out because of the velocity of the draining water. But by the same token the shorter the tailpiece the less velocity you will have. Follow me? I think what you have now is perfect as you won't have to worry about the trap clogging up over time.If the trap wasn't holding water you would have the odor of sewer gas in the area.
- 10 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 11 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 12 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- Kitchen Envy: 10 Rooms We Love
- 25 Clever Ideas for Repurposed Storage
- 10 Surprising Ways to Cure Household Odors
- 11 Ways to Winterize Your Home on a Budget
- 10 Ways to Live Large in a Small Space
- 10 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- Dressing Up the Dresser: 11 Clever DIY Transformations
- 12 Hobbit Houses to Make You Consider Moving Underground
- 10 Ways to Use Mirrors to Your Design Advantage
- 10 New Uses for Old Doors
- How To: Paint EVERYTHING
- Man, Oh Man! 7 Unbelievable Guy Spaces
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 12 Wow-Worthy Woods for Kitchen Countertops
- 10 "Neat" Garage Storage Solutions
- 10 Houseplants to Improve Indoor Air Quality
- How To: Clean EVERYTHING