Hello. I just had a new double sink installed in kitchen. One bowel is larger than the other. The larger bowel is of course used to wash dishes, the smaller to dry. The plumber installed the p-trap under the smaller bowel. Should the p-trap not be installed under the larger bowel. Also, how high should the san tee be in my stack. Right now its about 6 inches from the cabinet bottom and thus the p-trap is about 3 inches from the cabinet floor. Is there not a minimum height p-traps and drains are supposed to be at?
Thx. Oops on the bowl....I am getting a real hollow sound in my sinks when the water drains. I thought that might have something to do with the height of the p-trap as there is over about a foot for the water to drop down to the trap. I thought stack might be blocked, but its clear, even poured hot water down it. Any idea why the hollow sound.
The tailpiece (from sink to top of trap) should be less than 24". If longer then the flow of water might cause the trap to empty out because of the velocity of the draining water. But by the same token the shorter the tailpiece the less velocity you will have. Follow me? I think what you have now is perfect as you won't have to worry about the trap clogging up over time.If the trap wasn't holding water you would have the odor of sewer gas in the area.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 7 Surprising Other Uses for Mayonnaise
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 11 Lessons to Learn from AirBnB's Tiniest Homes
- 10 DIY Ways to Redo Your Wall—Without Paint
- 8 Smart Shoe Racks You Can Make Today
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- Worth It: 8 Renovations That Pay You Back
- 7 House Sounds Never to Ignore
- Watch These 10 Home Trends Take Off in 2015
- 11 Things Never to Keep in Your Bedroom
- 12 Places You Never Clean—But Should!