Hello. I just had a new double sink installed in kitchen. One bowel is larger than the other. The larger bowel is of course used to wash dishes, the smaller to dry. The plumber installed the p-trap under the smaller bowel. Should the p-trap not be installed under the larger bowel. Also, how high should the san tee be in my stack. Right now its about 6 inches from the cabinet bottom and thus the p-trap is about 3 inches from the cabinet floor. Is there not a minimum height p-traps and drains are supposed to be at?
Thx. Oops on the bowl....I am getting a real hollow sound in my sinks when the water drains. I thought that might have something to do with the height of the p-trap as there is over about a foot for the water to drop down to the trap. I thought stack might be blocked, but its clear, even poured hot water down it. Any idea why the hollow sound.
The tailpiece (from sink to top of trap) should be less than 24". If longer then the flow of water might cause the trap to empty out because of the velocity of the draining water. But by the same token the shorter the tailpiece the less velocity you will have. Follow me? I think what you have now is perfect as you won't have to worry about the trap clogging up over time.If the trap wasn't holding water you would have the odor of sewer gas in the area.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 30 Things Everyone Should Know
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 20 Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 9 Ways to Troubleshoot the Furnace
- 11 Real Haunted Houses to Visit--If You Dare!
- 9 Alternative Uses for Toothpaste
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 8 Ways to Make a Small Room Look Big
- 21 Expert Picks for Fail-Safe Colors
- 10 Fall Door DIYs for the Best House on the Block
- The Cheapest Ways to Boost Home Value
- 10 New Uses for Old Doors
- 10 Unexpected Uses for Spray Paint
- 8 Unique Ways to Build Your Own Table
- Woodworking for Beginners: 10 Projects
- 8 Amazing Handmade Kitchen Counters
- 10 New Uses for Old Dressers
- 7 Upgrades You Can Do in Under 300 Seconds
- 10 Thrifty DIY Ways to Organize Your Home
- 26 Easy Painted Pumpkins for Halloween
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 5 "Make in a Weekend" Bookshelf Projects
- 3 New Ways to Decorate with Fallen Leaves
- 10 "Zero Dollar" Storage Hacks
- 121 DIY Ideas for Halloween
- The 10 Best Things to Buy Secondhand
- 16 Must-See Coffee Tables You Can DIY—Easily!