Water leaking under foundation blocks at footer!!
Short of that you can only attempt to temporarily control the flow of water into the basement using a combination of hydraulic cement and a hydraulic paint coating (like DryLok) or to have an interior basement de-watering system installed.
The first step is always to see if there is a way to prevent the water from getting close to the foundation. If you get a river of water running to your basement walls, no amount of mortar and Drylock will make much of a difference. Look at your grading, your downspouts, and your landscaping to make sure water wants to go elsewhere. After you've ruled any of those problems out, then it's time to look at sealing and drain systems.
If this is the case, and you do not wish to dig up the exterior, you can install a footing drain on the inside, collect the water, then send it out, hopefully by gravity.
Hope this helps
The only solution for the water problem is an exterior french drain system or an interior basement dewatering system.
Here is a helpful link:
[This message has been edited by homebild (edited February 05, 2003).]
Help w/Water Penetrating Foundation Wall at Water Ma...
Foundation wall cracks
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 13 Lazy Cleaning Tricks for a Spotless Home
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 7 House Sounds You Never Want to Ignore
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- Worth It: 8 Renovations That Pay You Back
- Organize Your Life with 12 Dollar-Store Buys
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- Don't Make These 7 Mistakes in Small Spaces
- 20 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 15 Totally Unexpected DIY Flooring Alternatives
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 10 Closet Cures That Cost Less Than $100
- 11 Easy DIY Projects to Declutter Your Home
- 10 "Zero Dollar" Garden Hacks
- 10 Killproof Plants for a No-Effort Landscape
- 9 Insanely Easy 1-Hour Backyard Projects