Water leaking under foundation blocks at footer!!
Short of that you can only attempt to temporarily control the flow of water into the basement using a combination of hydraulic cement and a hydraulic paint coating (like DryLok) or to have an interior basement de-watering system installed.
The first step is always to see if there is a way to prevent the water from getting close to the foundation. If you get a river of water running to your basement walls, no amount of mortar and Drylock will make much of a difference. Look at your grading, your downspouts, and your landscaping to make sure water wants to go elsewhere. After you've ruled any of those problems out, then it's time to look at sealing and drain systems.
If this is the case, and you do not wish to dig up the exterior, you can install a footing drain on the inside, collect the water, then send it out, hopefully by gravity.
Hope this helps
The only solution for the water problem is an exterior french drain system or an interior basement dewatering system.
Here is a helpful link:
[This message has been edited by homebild (edited February 05, 2003).]
Help w/Water Penetrating Foundation Wall at Water Ma...
Foundation wall cracks
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 30 Things Everyone Should Know
- 15 Fast Facade Fixes for Instant Curb Appeal
- 9 Expert Furniture Arranging Tips
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- 13 Lanterns For Your Porch, Patio, or Garden
- 5 Ways to Repurpose Old Window Screens
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 7 Smart Shoe Racks You Can Make Today
- 9 Ways to Extend Patio Season into Fall
- 9 Potent Cleaners You Didn't Know You Had
- 12 Hobbit Houses to Make You Consider Moving Underground
- 16 Cool DIY Coffee Tables
- 10 Fall Home Maintenance Musts
- Supersize Your Small Bath With These 8 Pro Tips
- 15 Neat Garage Storage Solutions
- Buy or Build: 15 Desks We Love
- 10 Great DIY Bookshelf Projects
- 5 Minutes Flat: 7 Upgrades You Can Do in Under 300 Seconds
- 10 Creative New Ways to Use Old Bottles
- 10 FREE Storage Hacks
- 10 New Uses for Old Doors
- 10 "Must Do" September Projects
- 9 Calming Colors for a Serene Home
- 16 Easy Ideas for Customized Cabinets
- 17 Mini Bars to Mix Up Your Home Decor
- 20 Ways to Make a Small Bathroom Big
- 12 Unique DIY Kitchen Island Designs