Water leaking under foundation blocks at footer!!
Short of that you can only attempt to temporarily control the flow of water into the basement using a combination of hydraulic cement and a hydraulic paint coating (like DryLok) or to have an interior basement de-watering system installed.
The first step is always to see if there is a way to prevent the water from getting close to the foundation. If you get a river of water running to your basement walls, no amount of mortar and Drylock will make much of a difference. Look at your grading, your downspouts, and your landscaping to make sure water wants to go elsewhere. After you've ruled any of those problems out, then it's time to look at sealing and drain systems.
If this is the case, and you do not wish to dig up the exterior, you can install a footing drain on the inside, collect the water, then send it out, hopefully by gravity.
Hope this helps
The only solution for the water problem is an exterior french drain system or an interior basement dewatering system.
Here is a helpful link:
[This message has been edited by homebild (edited February 05, 2003).]
Help w/Water Penetrating Foundation Wall at Water Ma...
Foundation wall cracks
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 70 Gardening Tricks and Ideas for Beginners
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- Capitalize on Your Attic: 10 Inspirations
- 15 Once-Popular Items Now Vanishing
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 12 Garden Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Design a Rustic Bathroom: 10 Inspirations
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 283 Great DIY Project Ideas
- The Right Path: 15 Wonderful Walkway Designs
- 10 Ways to Expand into Your Garage
- 17 Backsplashes for a Unique Kitchen
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- Make Your Small Bathroom Feel BIG
- 108 Easy Outdoor Living Ideas
- 10 Smart New Uses for Old Tires
- 14 Room Dividers to Organize Your Space
- 11 Clever Alternatives to Kitchen Cabinets
- Facade Facelift: Simple, Affordable Ways to Make a Better First Impression
- Reconsider Aboveground Pools: 10 Reasons Why
- 5 New Uses for Old Wooden Crates
- 21 Paint Colors That Never Fail
- 1 Dozen Ways to Maximize a Small Yard
- 12 Fresh Ideas for Your Kids' Room
- 11 Beautiful Clutter-Busting Closets