I have two questions. Just bought our house in Sept 2012 and think the metal garage is about 10 years old. I am noticing some rust in some areas, mostly where the walls are near to the ground, or the plate that attaches to the concrete slab. What should I do about this? Should I be lightly sanding and using a rust prevention product?
Second issue is that the concrete floor nearly turns into an ice skating rink when wet. I'm guessing there is some type of product we could put down to add traction, looking for some recommendations.
FYI, the husband is not the home improvement expert in our house, I am and I would use the term expert extremely loosely!
- 15 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 70 Gardening Tricks and Ideas for Total Beginners
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- Top 10 Classic DIY Projects for the Outdoors
- 15 Once-Popular Household Items That Are Vanishing
- 159 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Wise Ways to Get Rid of Pests and Critters
- 9 Tried-and-True Methods of Eliminating Weeds
- Top Tips for Keeping Countertops Like New
- 15 Amazing Things You Can Make with $0 Scrap Wood
- 14 Ways to Get More Kitchen Counter Space
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 18 Bathroom Updates You Can Do in 1 Day
- 10 Secret Rooms & Passages in Ordinary Homes
- 10 Room Dividers to Bring Order to Your Space
- 11 Clever Alternatives to Kitchen Cabinets
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers