I have two questions. Just bought our house in Sept 2012 and think the metal garage is about 10 years old. I am noticing some rust in some areas, mostly where the walls are near to the ground, or the plate that attaches to the concrete slab. What should I do about this? Should I be lightly sanding and using a rust prevention product?
Second issue is that the concrete floor nearly turns into an ice skating rink when wet. I'm guessing there is some type of product we could put down to add traction, looking for some recommendations.
FYI, the husband is not the home improvement expert in our house, I am and I would use the term expert extremely loosely!
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 7 Surprising Other Uses for Mayonnaise
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 11 Lessons to Learn from AirBnB's Tiniest Homes
- 10 DIY Ways to Redo Your Wall—Without Paint
- 8 Smart Shoe Racks You Can Make Today
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- Worth It: 8 Renovations That Pay You Back
- 7 House Sounds Never to Ignore
- Watch These 10 Home Trends Take Off in 2015
- 11 Things Never to Keep in Your Bedroom
- 12 Places You Never Clean—But Should!