I have two questions. Just bought our house in Sept 2012 and think the metal garage is about 10 years old. I am noticing some rust in some areas, mostly where the walls are near to the ground, or the plate that attaches to the concrete slab. What should I do about this? Should I be lightly sanding and using a rust prevention product?
Second issue is that the concrete floor nearly turns into an ice skating rink when wet. I'm guessing there is some type of product we could put down to add traction, looking for some recommendations.
FYI, the husband is not the home improvement expert in our house, I am and I would use the term expert extremely loosely!
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 13 Lazy Cleaning Tricks for a Spotless Home
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 7 House Sounds You Never Want to Ignore
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- Worth It: 8 Renovations That Pay You Back
- Organize Your Life with 12 Dollar-Store Buys
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- Don't Make These 7 Mistakes in Small Spaces
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 15 Totally Unexpected DIY Flooring Alternatives
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 10 Closet Cures That Cost Less Than $100
- 11 Easy DIY Projects to Declutter Your Home
- 10 "Zero Dollar" Garden Hacks
- 10 Killproof Plants for a No-Effort Landscape
- 9 Insanely Easy 1-Hour Backyard Projects