I have two questions. Just bought our house in Sept 2012 and think the metal garage is about 10 years old. I am noticing some rust in some areas, mostly where the walls are near to the ground, or the plate that attaches to the concrete slab. What should I do about this? Should I be lightly sanding and using a rust prevention product?
Second issue is that the concrete floor nearly turns into an ice skating rink when wet. I'm guessing there is some type of product we could put down to add traction, looking for some recommendations.
FYI, the husband is not the home improvement expert in our house, I am and I would use the term expert extremely loosely!
- 15 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 17 Design Inspirations for Mudrooms and Entryways
- 25 Clever Ideas for Repurposed Storage
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- 30 Things Every Homeowner Should Know How to Do
- 11 Clever Alternatives to Kitchen Cabinets
- 159 Storage Ideas for Space-Starved DIYers
- 21 "Expert Picks" for Fail-Safe Colors
- 9 Easy Ways to Kill Weeds Effectively
- 20 Ways to Make a Small Bathroom Big
- Simple “Under $60” Curb Appeal Updates for Any Home
- 67 Expert Tips to Aid Your Spring Cleaning
- 10 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- 10 Room Dividers to Bring Order to Your Space
- 11 Creative Garden Borders You Can Make—Easily!
- Tips and Tricks to Fit More into Less Closet Space
- Secret Rooms: 10 Special Spaces Hidden from Sight