I have a front entry which is enclosed on three sides. It is about 18-20' tall, reaching up to the 2nd floor of the house and measures ~10' x 10'.
I have thought of enclosing the fourth side, but do not want to lose the esthetic of the entry.
Has anyone experience with glass, polycarbonate, or external enclosures which they have seen, installed or what not?
It would need a doorway of course as part of that 4th wall enclosure.
I think is would make the space more usable, energy efficiency for the three rooms which are currently exposed, and allow more design flexibility than current which is to simply extend the same siding as on the rest of the house.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 7 Surprising Other Uses for Mayonnaise
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 11 Lessons to Learn from AirBnB's Tiniest Homes
- 10 DIY Ways to Redo Your Wall—Without Paint
- 8 Smart Shoe Racks You Can Make Today
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- Worth It: 8 Renovations That Pay You Back
- 7 House Sounds Never to Ignore
- Watch These 10 Home Trends Take Off in 2015
- 11 Things Never to Keep in Your Bedroom
- 12 Places You Never Clean—But Should!