I have a front entry which is enclosed on three sides. It is about 18-20' tall, reaching up to the 2nd floor of the house and measures ~10' x 10'.
I have thought of enclosing the fourth side, but do not want to lose the esthetic of the entry.
Has anyone experience with glass, polycarbonate, or external enclosures which they have seen, installed or what not?
It would need a doorway of course as part of that 4th wall enclosure.
I think is would make the space more usable, energy efficiency for the three rooms which are currently exposed, and allow more design flexibility than current which is to simply extend the same siding as on the rest of the house.
- 10 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 11 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 12 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- Kitchen Envy: 10 Rooms We Love
- 25 Clever Ideas for Repurposed Storage
- 10 Surprising Ways to Cure Household Odors
- 11 Ways to Winterize Your Home on a Budget
- 10 Ways to Live Large in a Small Space
- 10 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- Dressing Up the Dresser: 11 Clever DIY Transformations
- 12 Hobbit Houses to Make You Consider Moving Underground
- 10 Ways to Use Mirrors to Your Design Advantage
- 10 New Uses for Old Doors
- How To: Paint EVERYTHING
- Man, Oh Man! 7 Unbelievable Guy Spaces
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 12 Wow-Worthy Woods for Kitchen Countertops
- 10 "Neat" Garage Storage Solutions
- 10 Houseplants to Improve Indoor Air Quality
- How To: Clean EVERYTHING