Moisture in basement.
There are PLENTY of Contractors and servic companies out there that would LOVE to take on your job. However, moister bleeding through the walls/cracks is one thing. Water is another.
It's normal for moisture to bleed through. As long as the moisture isn't collecting into pools of water, you'll be fine. SOmetimes, all you need is a Dehumidifier. And sometimes, all you need to do is look at the CAUSE of the moisture, and fix that. If, for example, the cause is from warm, moist air from a clothes dryer that's condensing out on the walls, then you should vent the clothes dryer duct to the OUTSIDE of the house.
Now, if the moisture is actually water coming into the basement, is it from damaged/missing gutters? Are your downspouts extended at least 3' from the foundation? Is water running back towards the foundation? Is water pooling around the foundation? Is the landscaping around the basement sloping AWAY from the foundation??? THe next time it rains, don your raincoat, boots, and an umbrella (being careful of lightening), and access the situation all around the house. Look to see that water is running INTO the gutters, not over or behind them. Make sure you have gutters where you need them. Make sure the water that comes OUT of the downspouts is NOT making its way back to the foundation.
Consider clearing all the 'vegetation' that's up against the foundation. THat way, air and sun can keep that all dry.
You have some 'things' to do. If you need more, post back. My best to ya and hope this helps.
Jay J -Moderator
PS: God Bless America!
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 30 Things Everyone Should Know
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 20 Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 10 IKEA Favorites Made New with Paint
- The Tiniest Appliances You Never Knew Existed
- 9 Alternative Uses for Toothpaste
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 8 Ways to Make a Small Room Look Big
- 21 Expert Picks for Fail-Safe Colors
- 10 Fall Door DIYs for the Best House on the Block
- The Cheapest Ways to Boost Home Value
- 10 New Uses for Old Doors
- 26 Easy Painted Pumpkins for Halloween
- 15 Once-Popular Home Items Now Vanishing
- 8 Unique Ways to Build Your Own Table
- Woodworking for Beginners: 10 Projects
- 7 Reasons to Reconsider Wallpaper
- 10 New Uses for Old Dressers
- 7 Upgrades You Can Do in Under 300 Seconds
- 10 Thrifty DIY Ways to Organize Your Home
- 12 "Different" Ways to Store Firewood
- 17 Creative Ways to Repurpose Cardboard
- Beyond White: 11 Bathroom Paint Colors
- 10 DIYs for a Festive Front Door This Fall
- 10 Creative New Ways to Use Old Bottles
- The 10 Best Things to Buy Secondhand
- 16 Must-See Coffee Tables You Can DIY—Easily!