Moisture in basement.
There are PLENTY of Contractors and servic companies out there that would LOVE to take on your job. However, moister bleeding through the walls/cracks is one thing. Water is another.
It's normal for moisture to bleed through. As long as the moisture isn't collecting into pools of water, you'll be fine. SOmetimes, all you need is a Dehumidifier. And sometimes, all you need to do is look at the CAUSE of the moisture, and fix that. If, for example, the cause is from warm, moist air from a clothes dryer that's condensing out on the walls, then you should vent the clothes dryer duct to the OUTSIDE of the house.
Now, if the moisture is actually water coming into the basement, is it from damaged/missing gutters? Are your downspouts extended at least 3' from the foundation? Is water running back towards the foundation? Is water pooling around the foundation? Is the landscaping around the basement sloping AWAY from the foundation??? THe next time it rains, don your raincoat, boots, and an umbrella (being careful of lightening), and access the situation all around the house. Look to see that water is running INTO the gutters, not over or behind them. Make sure you have gutters where you need them. Make sure the water that comes OUT of the downspouts is NOT making its way back to the foundation.
Consider clearing all the 'vegetation' that's up against the foundation. THat way, air and sun can keep that all dry.
You have some 'things' to do. If you need more, post back. My best to ya and hope this helps.
Jay J -Moderator
PS: God Bless America!
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 7 Surprising Other Uses for Mayonnaise
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 8 Cleaning Mistakes Everyone Makes
- 10 Insanely Creative Shelves You Can DIY
- 10 Bargain Organizers for a Tidy Garage
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 9 Backyard Fire Pits You Can Afford
- 10 Things You Didn't Know Windex Can Do
- Watch These 10 Home Trends Take Off in 2015
- Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 16 Garden Borders You Can Make—Easily!