We found some mold in the basement. The moister problem has been fixed, but can someone tell me what is the best product to use to clean the mold that is there?
you need to scrape the mold off into plastic bags. clean the area free of the mold and vacuum it with a hepa filtered vacuum. once that is done, you can buy "microban" and spray the area to kill any remaining mold. You can even go so far as to paint with Fausters afterward to limit regrowth in the future. good luck.
Bleach is the best thing to completely kill mold. It is the active ingredient in all the Tilex-type mildew products .
- 10 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 11 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 12 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- Kitchen Envy: 10 Rooms We Love
- 25 Clever Ideas for Repurposed Storage
- 10 Surprising Ways to Cure Household Odors
- 11 Ways to Winterize Your Home on a Budget
- 10 Ways to Live Large in a Small Space
- 10 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- Dressing Up the Dresser: 11 Clever DIY Transformations
- 12 Hobbit Houses to Make You Consider Moving Underground
- 10 Ways to Use Mirrors to Your Design Advantage
- 10 New Uses for Old Doors
- How To: Paint EVERYTHING
- Man, Oh Man! 7 Unbelievable Guy Spaces
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 12 Wow-Worthy Woods for Kitchen Countertops
- 10 "Neat" Garage Storage Solutions
- 10 Houseplants to Improve Indoor Air Quality
- How To: Clean EVERYTHING