Hi--blizzard blew off a piece of vinyl fascia from the peak of my roof----another piece looks ready to go!! The wood below is exposed---how much time do we have to fix this before we do damage to the wood?
We spent a fortune on siding (Cedar Impressions) a couple of years ago.....apparently the installer skimped on the install at this point of the peak. It never did look secure....
Also, is this an expensive repair?
Thank You for your advice and opinions.
You can wait as long as you want to look at it but if another piece is loose the next wind will pull it of. It's not hard to repair usually I use aluminum screws or nails (drill pilot holes first especially if it's cold outside) long enough to be sure to grab and then I touch up the heads with matching paint. The hard part is getting up there. I like to take care of these things ASAP.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 30 Things Everyone Should Know
- 25 Insanely Easy-to-Make Holiday Ornaments
- 20 Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 10 Classic Ways to Brighten Up a Dark Room
- 10 Quick and Creative Stocking Stuffers
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 7 Unauthorized Uses for Common Appliances
- 8 Ways to Make a Small Room Look Big
- Best Secret Hiding Spots We've Ever Seen
- Sweet Dreams: 15 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- 11 Ways to Winterize Your Home
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- 10 Must-Do Projects for November
- 8 Cheap and Unique DIY Nightstands
- 15 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- Supersize Your Small Bath with 8 Pro Tips
- 8 Unique Ways to Build Your Own Table
- Woodworking for Beginners: 10 Projects
- 10 Houseplants You Can Grow ANYWHERE
- 10 Doable Designs for a DIY Rug
- 7 Incredible Uses for Salvaged Lumber
- 10 Bookcases You Can Make Yourself
- 7 Mistakes Not to Make with Your Fireplace
- The Easy 1-Hour Money-Saving Home Checkup
- Quick Fixes for a Fresher Shower
- Don't Try This at Home: 7 Dangerous DIYs
- 10 Ways to Redecorate Without Spending a Dime
- The Top 10 Artificial Christmas Trees