Ceiling tiles in basement.
As far as the asbestos, I am not sure. I would suppose it is possible. Your best bet is to call someone in from your city to inspect it before you start. Just remember, the tile that is on your ceiling is very messy to tear off. Please remember to wear safety glasses, masks and gloves when dealing with this stuff.
I don't know if this is any help, but at least someone gave it a shot!!!
I would also advise a drop cieling. They make a varitey of tile styles. And as mentioned above, if you ever wanted to add anything, or repair a problem, you just move them out of the way. Just my $.02.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 7 Surprising Other Uses for Mayonnaise
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 11 Lessons to Learn from AirBnB's Tiniest Homes
- 10 DIY Ways to Redo Your Wall—Without Paint
- 8 Smart Shoe Racks You Can Make Today
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- Worth It: 8 Renovations That Pay You Back
- 7 House Sounds Never to Ignore
- Watch These 10 Home Trends Take Off in 2015
- 11 Things Never to Keep in Your Bedroom
- 12 Places You Never Clean—But Should!