Ceiling tiles in basement.
As far as the asbestos, I am not sure. I would suppose it is possible. Your best bet is to call someone in from your city to inspect it before you start. Just remember, the tile that is on your ceiling is very messy to tear off. Please remember to wear safety glasses, masks and gloves when dealing with this stuff.
I don't know if this is any help, but at least someone gave it a shot!!!
I would also advise a drop cieling. They make a varitey of tile styles. And as mentioned above, if you ever wanted to add anything, or repair a problem, you just move them out of the way. Just my $.02.
- 10 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 11 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 12 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- Kitchen Envy: 10 Rooms We Love
- 25 Clever Ideas for Repurposed Storage
- 10 Surprising Ways to Cure Household Odors
- 11 Ways to Winterize Your Home on a Budget
- 10 Ways to Live Large in a Small Space
- 10 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- Dressing Up the Dresser: 11 Clever DIY Transformations
- 12 Hobbit Houses to Make You Consider Moving Underground
- 10 Ways to Use Mirrors to Your Design Advantage
- 10 New Uses for Old Doors
- How To: Paint EVERYTHING
- Man, Oh Man! 7 Unbelievable Guy Spaces
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 12 Wow-Worthy Woods for Kitchen Countertops
- 10 "Neat" Garage Storage Solutions
- 10 Houseplants to Improve Indoor Air Quality
- How To: Clean EVERYTHING