Need a new washing machine and was told by two repairmen to stay away from Amana-parts are expensive-maybe they are difficult to fix also. My 27 year old Whirlpool is not fixable-hate to part with it as they don't make them to last now. I believe most brands are made by the same company.
It is frustrating try to select an item where you get mixed reviews!!
Any input is greatly appreciated!
Amana is a low end of Whirlpool. Many reviews state to stay away from Whirlpool-repeated repairs and poor customer service. It is difficult to find a machine with positive reviews. Is there any that don't have a history of repeated repairs?
Most and least reliable: Of your front loading the models with the fewest repairs were LG and Samsung (7%) followed by Kenmore 10, Whirlpool 11 Maytag and Frigidaire 12 and GE with 17. Of your top loaders Roper (6%) followed by Maytag,Whirlpool and Kenmore all with 10% repair history followed by GE with 12 and Fisher &Paykel at 15%.
- 10 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 11 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 12 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- Kitchen Envy: 10 Rooms We Love
- 25 Clever Ideas for Repurposed Storage
- 10 Surprising Ways to Cure Household Odors
- 11 Ways to Winterize Your Home on a Budget
- 10 Ways to Live Large in a Small Space
- 10 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- Dressing Up the Dresser: 11 Clever DIY Transformations
- 12 Hobbit Houses to Make You Consider Moving Underground
- 10 Ways to Use Mirrors to Your Design Advantage
- 10 New Uses for Old Doors
- How To: Paint EVERYTHING
- Man, Oh Man! 7 Unbelievable Guy Spaces
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 12 Wow-Worthy Woods for Kitchen Countertops
- 10 "Neat" Garage Storage Solutions
- 10 Houseplants to Improve Indoor Air Quality
- How To: Clean EVERYTHING