Need a new washing machine and was told by two repairmen to stay away from Amana-parts are expensive-maybe they are difficult to fix also. My 27 year old Whirlpool is not fixable-hate to part with it as they don't make them to last now. I believe most brands are made by the same company.
It is frustrating try to select an item where you get mixed reviews!!
Any input is greatly appreciated!
Amana is a low end of Whirlpool. Many reviews state to stay away from Whirlpool-repeated repairs and poor customer service. It is difficult to find a machine with positive reviews. Is there any that don't have a history of repeated repairs?
Most and least reliable: Of your front loading the models with the fewest repairs were LG and Samsung (7%) followed by Kenmore 10, Whirlpool 11 Maytag and Frigidaire 12 and GE with 17. Of your top loaders Roper (6%) followed by Maytag,Whirlpool and Kenmore all with 10% repair history followed by GE with 12 and Fisher &Paykel at 15%.
- 15 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 17 Design Inspirations for Mudrooms and Entryways
- 25 Clever Ideas for Repurposed Storage
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- 30 Things Every Homeowner Should Know How to Do
- 11 Clever Alternatives to Kitchen Cabinets
- 159 Storage Ideas for Space-Starved DIYers
- 21 "Expert Picks" for Fail-Safe Colors
- 9 Easy Ways to Kill Weeds Effectively
- 20 Ways to Make a Small Bathroom Big
- Simple “Under $60” Curb Appeal Updates for Any Home
- 67 Expert Tips to Aid Your Spring Cleaning
- 10 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- 10 Room Dividers to Bring Order to Your Space
- 11 Creative Garden Borders You Can Make—Easily!
- Tips and Tricks to Fit More into Less Closet Space
- Secret Rooms: 10 Special Spaces Hidden from Sight