Need a new washing machine and was told by two repairmen to stay away from Amana-parts are expensive-maybe they are difficult to fix also. My 27 year old Whirlpool is not fixable-hate to part with it as they don't make them to last now. I believe most brands are made by the same company.
It is frustrating try to select an item where you get mixed reviews!!
Any input is greatly appreciated!
Amana is a low end of Whirlpool. Many reviews state to stay away from Whirlpool-repeated repairs and poor customer service. It is difficult to find a machine with positive reviews. Is there any that don't have a history of repeated repairs?
Most and least reliable: Of your front loading the models with the fewest repairs were LG and Samsung (7%) followed by Kenmore 10, Whirlpool 11 Maytag and Frigidaire 12 and GE with 17. Of your top loaders Roper (6%) followed by Maytag,Whirlpool and Kenmore all with 10% repair history followed by GE with 12 and Fisher &Paykel at 15%.
- 15 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 70 Gardening Tricks and Ideas for Total Beginners
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- Top 10 Classic DIY Projects for the Outdoors
- 15 Once-Popular Household Items That Are Vanishing
- 159 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Wise Ways to Get Rid of Pests and Critters
- Before and After: 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- Top Tips for Keeping Countertops Like New
- 15 Amazing Things You Can Make with $0 Scrap Wood
- 14 Ways to Get More Kitchen Counter Space
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 18 Bathroom Updates You Can Do in 1 Day
- 9 Tried-and-True Methods of Eliminating Weeds
- Top 11 Color Trends to Follow in 2014
- 11 Clever Alternatives to Kitchen Cabinets
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers