I currently have 1 power fan, 2 roof vents, and soffit vents in a 1800 sq. ft. raised ranch in Illinois. I am replacing the 2 layers of shingles. Is my ventilation adequate? Is a ridge vent with the soffit vents the way to go? Should gable vents be installed? Does anyone know the best combination of attic ventilation to use?
If you are installing a new roof I would go ahead and put in the ridge vent. I have never heard of someone having too much ventilation in their attic. It seems like builders are going that way more and more.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 7 Surprising Other Uses for Mayonnaise
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 8 Cleaning Mistakes Everyone Makes
- 10 Insanely Creative Shelves You Can DIY
- 10 Bargain Organizers for a Tidy Garage
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 9 Backyard Fire Pits You Can Afford
- 10 Things You Didn't Know Windex Can Do
- Watch These 10 Home Trends Take Off in 2015
- Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 16 Garden Borders You Can Make—Easily!