I currently have 1 power fan, 2 roof vents, and soffit vents in a 1800 sq. ft. raised ranch in Illinois. I am replacing the 2 layers of shingles. Is my ventilation adequate? Is a ridge vent with the soffit vents the way to go? Should gable vents be installed? Does anyone know the best combination of attic ventilation to use?
If you are installing a new roof I would go ahead and put in the ridge vent. I have never heard of someone having too much ventilation in their attic. It seems like builders are going that way more and more.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 7 Surprising Other Uses for Mayonnaise
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 21 Ways to Spring Clean—Naturally
- Show Off: 9 Ways to Display a Collection
- The Best Paint Colors for Low-Light Rooms
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 8 Clever Storage Solutions for Pots & Pans
- 8 Creative OTHER Ways to Use a Closet
- 12 Tiny Gardens to Grow on a Tabletop
- 15 Eye-Catching Front Door Options
- 12 Places You Never Clean—But Should!