How many vents is too many?
I think I'm unable to install soffit vents in my house (the eaves are only about 6" from the ext. wall). Would there be any point in supplementing ridge and gable vents with an attic fan? The fan wouldn't be pulling cooler air through the soffits, it would be pulling air in through the ridge and gables. Or is any ventilation good ventilation? This is primarily for A/C efficiency in summer, there's currently no moisture problems in the attic.
A fan would help, but you only need 2"-3" wide soffits to install soffit vents. You can use 2" wide continuous strip vents or 2"-3" diameter vents that you can drill holes for.
While a fan will help it will not provide continuous air flow from the soffit line up to the ridge without soffit vents.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 7 Surprising Other Uses for Mayonnaise
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 8 Cleaning Mistakes Everyone Makes
- 10 Insanely Creative Shelves You Can DIY
- 10 Bargain Organizers for a Tidy Garage
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 9 Backyard Fire Pits You Can Afford
- 10 Things You Didn't Know Windex Can Do
- Watch These 10 Home Trends Take Off in 2015
- Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 16 Garden Borders You Can Make—Easily!