I am getting ready to buy and install a Filtrete brand under-sink water filter, and in anticipation of this task I looked at the water lines under the sink just now. I immediately noticed that the cold water line is a stiff 1980s-era ringed-looking silver type of line (the type that looks like a trachea/windpipe) and I forsee it easily cracking when I start moving it around.
Therefore I am considering replacing that line completely with a length of PEX as part of this job.
My questions are:
1) Is my suspicion on target? Is this line likely to rupture if I start flexing it as the filter installation will no doubt require?
2) Is there anything in particular I would need to know to do that as a plumbing newbie?
3) Videos I've seen about PEX don't make it look like it's very flexible either with regard to doing "C" or "U" curves. Am I wrong about that?
I usually use braided stainless steel or nylon flexible supply lines for that. It's a good compromise of reliability and ease of use. It's good and flexible, won't kink, and easy to work with as opposed to the chrome plated copper.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- Make Your Bed: 9 DIY Headboards
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- Space-Saving Solutions for Tiny Bedrooms
- 9 Perfect Color Combos for Your Home
- 22 Tiny Houses We Love
- See the Most Highly Anticipated Colors for 2015
- What's the Best Color for Living Rooms?
- Favorite Space-Saving Double-Duty Furniture
- 10 Low-Cost DIY Home Security Solutions
- Redecorate Without Spending a Dime: 10 Ideas
- 10 Houseplants You Can Grow Anywhere
- 9 Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 10 Doable Designs for a DIY Rug
- 9 Alternative Uses for Toothpaste
- Live Large in a (Very) Small Space
- 8 Cheap and Unique DIY Nightstands
- 15 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- Supersize Your Small Bath with 8 Pro Tips
- Don't Try This at Home: 7 Dangerous DIYs
- 10 Simple Woodworking Projects
- Is There Anything Vinegar Can't Do?
- 7 Incredible Uses for Salvaged Lumber
- 12 Tiny Gardens You Can Grow on a Tabletop
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 10 Surprisingly Smart Solutions for Junk Drawers
- Bright & Bold Colors for Your Front Door
- DIY Bookcases: 16 Easy Project Ideas
- Don't Make These 7 Fireplace Mistakes