seepage through French drains
In my experience, a french drain is placed just below the ground surface outside the house to attempt to provide surface water a way to run off before finding it's way down to the foundation, where you report problems on the inside.
With a hunidity level of 60% it could easily be a condensation problem. Indoor humidity should be no more than 40%. That is a level that is healthy for people but a house is happier at 15-20%.
To test, take a piece of plastic about two feet square and use duct tape to seal it down to the concrete floor for a few days.
If you find moisture under the plastice, between it and the crete, then the moisture is coming from still curing concrete or from water under the slab. If the moisture is found on top of the plastic, it is surely from condensation.
I am also not sure what is meant about meeting of new and old concrete. Is this just a patch where the old was cut out for drain material or was a whole new slab poured? Was a 3 or 4" perforated drain laid into stone under the slab? Was a vapour barrier used before the slab was poured? This picture is incompleete.
Periodic wet basement from suspected rising water table
Interior french drain + 2 sumps pumps
mystery waterfall leak in basement
Help! Water -still- In Basement!
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 15 Fast Facade Fixes for Instant Curb Appeal
- 9 Expert Furniture Arranging Tips
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- 5 Ways to Repurpose Old Window Screens
- 13 Lanterns For Your Porch, Patio, or Garden
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 12 Garden Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- 17 Jaw Dropping Deck Designs for Your Home
- 10 Woodworking Projects for Beginners
- 283 Great DIY Project Ideas
- 10 DIY Ways Renters Can Customize Their Space
- Decorating "Rules" Meant to Be Broken
- 17 Backsplashes for a Unique Kitchen
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 16 Creative Cabinet Updates
- 10 Ways to Bring Typography Style Home
- Capitalize on Your Attic: 10 Inspirations
- Make Your Own Kitchen Island: 12 Designs
- 10 Creative New Ways to Use Old Bottles
- Small Bedrooms, Huge Amounts of Style
- 22 Tiny Houses We Love
- Tiny Bedroom? 10 Space-Saving Solutions
- Uses for Beer & Booze Around the House
- 1 Dozen Ways to Maximize a Small Yard
- 20 Ways to Make a Small Bathroom Big
- 10 Secondhand Shopping Tips