seepage through French drains
In my experience, a french drain is placed just below the ground surface outside the house to attempt to provide surface water a way to run off before finding it's way down to the foundation, where you report problems on the inside.
With a hunidity level of 60% it could easily be a condensation problem. Indoor humidity should be no more than 40%. That is a level that is healthy for people but a house is happier at 15-20%.
To test, take a piece of plastic about two feet square and use duct tape to seal it down to the concrete floor for a few days.
If you find moisture under the plastice, between it and the crete, then the moisture is coming from still curing concrete or from water under the slab. If the moisture is found on top of the plastic, it is surely from condensation.
I am also not sure what is meant about meeting of new and old concrete. Is this just a patch where the old was cut out for drain material or was a whole new slab poured? Was a 3 or 4" perforated drain laid into stone under the slab? Was a vapour barrier used before the slab was poured? This picture is incompleete.
Periodic wet basement from suspected rising water table
Interior french drain + 2 sumps pumps
mystery waterfall leak in basement
Help! Water -still- In Basement!
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 9 Expert Furniture Arranging Tips
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- World's Most Amazing Slip 'N Slide
- 15 Once-Popular Items Now Vanishing
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 12 Garden Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- 11 Big Ideas for Small Kitchens
- 5 Things to Do with... Colanders
- 283 Great DIY Project Ideas
- The Right Path: 15 Wonderful Walkway Designs
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- 17 Backsplashes for a Unique Kitchen
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 18 Bathroom Updates You Can Do in a Day
- Easy DIY Fixes for 11 Annoying House Problems
- Capitalize on Your Attic: 10 Inspirations
- 14 Room Dividers to Organize Your Space
- 10 Creative New Ways to Use Old Bottles
- Make Good Use of Old Junk: 14 Creative Ideas
- 22 Tiny Houses We Love
- 10 Smart Solutions for Small Bedrooms
- 5 DIY Porch Swings Perfect for Summer
- 1 Dozen Ways to Maximize a Small Yard
- 20 Ways to Make a Small Bathroom Big
- 5 Easy and Creative DIY Lamps