Sump Pump Drain
The more your sump pump runs the less chance there is of it freezing up.
Correct me where I'm wrong cellarwater.
1. The drain pipe does not go thru the wall but goes straight down to about 8 inches. I was wrong about the depth. There is a clean out cover at the top of the pipe should I remove that should the pipe freeze up and occlude?
2. At the curb the pipe is at a depth of 16 to 18 inches and is perforated and covered over with pea gravel. We are at 10 degrees right now am I worried over nothing? My father in law says everything will be fine he was here for the installation.
It sounds like you could modify your cleanout to act as an emergency bypass in the event the pipe freezes. The solid cleanout cover could be replaced with a small round grate that fits in the opening. This would allow water to back out of the system at the cleanout in the event pipes further towards the curb freeze. I agree with your father in law, you probably won't have a problem, but if you do have a freeze-up, you want the system to continue evacuating water from the sump.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- Make Your Bed: 9 DIY Headboards
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- Space-Saving Solutions for Tiny Bedrooms
- 9 Perfect Color Combos for Your Home
- 22 Tiny Houses We Love
- See the Most Highly Anticipated Colors for 2015
- What's the Best Color for Living Rooms?
- Favorite Space-Saving Double-Duty Furniture
- 10 Low-Cost DIY Home Security Solutions
- Redecorate Without Spending a Dime: 10 Ideas
- 10 Houseplants You Can Grow Anywhere
- 9 Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 10 Doable Designs for a DIY Rug
- 9 Alternative Uses for Toothpaste
- Live Large in a (Very) Small Space
- 8 Cheap and Unique DIY Nightstands
- 15 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- Supersize Your Small Bath with 8 Pro Tips
- Don't Try This at Home: 7 Dangerous DIYs
- 10 Simple Woodworking Projects
- Is There Anything Vinegar Can't Do?
- 7 Incredible Uses for Salvaged Lumber
- 12 Tiny Gardens You Can Grow on a Tabletop
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 10 Surprisingly Smart Solutions for Junk Drawers
- Bright & Bold Colors for Your Front Door
- DIY Bookcases: 16 Easy Project Ideas
- Don't Make These 7 Fireplace Mistakes