Sump Pump Drain
The more your sump pump runs the less chance there is of it freezing up.
Correct me where I'm wrong cellarwater.
1. The drain pipe does not go thru the wall but goes straight down to about 8 inches. I was wrong about the depth. There is a clean out cover at the top of the pipe should I remove that should the pipe freeze up and occlude?
2. At the curb the pipe is at a depth of 16 to 18 inches and is perforated and covered over with pea gravel. We are at 10 degrees right now am I worried over nothing? My father in law says everything will be fine he was here for the installation.
It sounds like you could modify your cleanout to act as an emergency bypass in the event the pipe freezes. The solid cleanout cover could be replaced with a small round grate that fits in the opening. This would allow water to back out of the system at the cleanout in the event pipes further towards the curb freeze. I agree with your father in law, you probably won't have a problem, but if you do have a freeze-up, you want the system to continue evacuating water from the sump.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 15 Fast Facade Fixes for Instant Curb Appeal
- 9 Expert Furniture Arranging Tips
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- 5 Ways to Repurpose Old Window Screens
- 13 Lanterns For Your Porch, Patio, or Garden
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 12 Garden Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- 17 Jaw Dropping Deck Designs for Your Home
- 10 Woodworking Projects for Beginners
- 283 Great DIY Project Ideas
- DIY Plumbing Pipe Vase
- Decorating "Rules" Meant to Be Broken
- 17 Backsplashes for a Unique Kitchen
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 16 Creative Cabinet Updates
- 10 Ways to Bring Typography Style Home
- Capitalize on Your Attic: 10 Inspirations
- Make Your Own Kitchen Island: 12 Designs
- 10 Creative New Ways to Use Old Bottles
- Small Bedrooms, Huge Amounts of Style
- 22 Tiny Houses We Love
- Tiny Bedroom? 10 Space-Saving Solutions
- Uses for Beer & Booze Around the House
- 1 Dozen Ways to Maximize a Small Yard
- 20 Ways to Make a Small Bathroom Big
- 5 Easy and Creative DIY Lamps