A number of years ago I took down a number of trees in my yard and ground down the stumps as much as I could. Now, where the stumps were, the ground has begun to form low spots due to them rotting. I would like to fill in these low spots and reseed in a month or so. It is also at this time when I would normally fertilize with Turf Builder with Halts. Now, I know you cannot fertilize with crabgrass preventer on new seed as it will prevent seed from germinating.
My question: If I fertilize with Halts first, then put in loam in the low spots and then seed, resulting in the Halts being below the loam and not on top, will it still prevent the seed from germinating? Any suggestions? I prefer to not wait till fall for seeding.
I live in New England and my grass type is a blend of Bluegrass/Rye/Fescue.
Leaks! Leaks! and more Leaks!
and notice the sales pressure from many inside compa...
Step 1 Fertilization
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- Make Your Bed: 9 DIY Headboards
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- Space-Saving Solutions for Tiny Bedrooms
- 9 Perfect Color Combos for Your Home
- 22 Tiny Houses We Love
- See the Most Highly Anticipated Colors for 2015
- What's the Best Color for Living Rooms?
- Favorite Space-Saving Double-Duty Furniture
- 10 Low-Cost DIY Home Security Solutions
- Redecorate Without Spending a Dime: 10 Ideas
- 10 Houseplants You Can Grow Anywhere
- 9 Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 10 Doable Designs for a DIY Rug
- 9 Alternative Uses for Toothpaste
- Live Large in a (Very) Small Space
- 8 Cheap and Unique DIY Nightstands
- 15 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- Supersize Your Small Bath with 8 Pro Tips
- Don't Try This at Home: 7 Dangerous DIYs
- 10 Simple Woodworking Projects
- Is There Anything Vinegar Can't Do?
- 7 Incredible Uses for Salvaged Lumber
- 12 Tiny Gardens You Can Grow on a Tabletop
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 10 Surprisingly Smart Solutions for Junk Drawers
- Bright & Bold Colors for Your Front Door
- DIY Bookcases: 16 Easy Project Ideas
- Don't Make These 7 Fireplace Mistakes