A number of years ago I took down a number of trees in my yard and ground down the stumps as much as I could. Now, where the stumps were, the ground has begun to form low spots due to them rotting. I would like to fill in these low spots and reseed in a month or so. It is also at this time when I would normally fertilize with Turf Builder with Halts. Now, I know you cannot fertilize with crabgrass preventer on new seed as it will prevent seed from germinating.
My question: If I fertilize with Halts first, then put in loam in the low spots and then seed, resulting in the Halts being below the loam and not on top, will it still prevent the seed from germinating? Any suggestions? I prefer to not wait till fall for seeding.
I live in New England and my grass type is a blend of Bluegrass/Rye/Fescue.
Leaks! Leaks! and more Leaks!
and notice the sales pressure from many inside compa...
Step 1 Fertilization
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 30 Things Everyone Should Know
- 15 Fast Facade Fixes for Instant Curb Appeal
- 9 Expert Furniture Arranging Tips
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- 13 Lanterns For Your Porch, Patio, or Garden
- 5 Ways to Repurpose Old Window Screens
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 8 Classic Ways to Make a Small Room Look Big
- 8 DIY Storage Solutions for a Closet-less Room
- 9 Potent Cleaners You Didn't Know You Had
- 12 Hobbit Houses to Make You Consider Moving Underground
- 16 Cool DIY Coffee Tables
- 10 Fall Home Maintenance Musts
- Supersize Your Small Bath With These 8 Pro Tips
- 15 Neat Garage Storage Solutions
- Buy or Build: 15 Desks We Love
- 10 Great DIY Bookshelf Projects
- 5 Minutes Flat: 7 Upgrades You Can Do in Under 300 Seconds
- 10 Creative New Ways to Use Old Bottles
- 10 FREE Storage Hacks
- 10 New Uses for Old Doors
- 10 Ways to Use Leather in Your Next Project
- 9 Calming Colors for a Serene Home
- 9 Ways to Get on Board with Pegboard
- 17 Mini Bars to Mix Up Your Home Decor
- 20 Ways to Make a Small Bathroom Big
- 8 New Ways to Use Old Wooden Crates