A number of years ago I took down a number of trees in my yard and ground down the stumps as much as I could. Now, where the stumps were, the ground has begun to form low spots due to them rotting. I would like to fill in these low spots and reseed in a month or so. It is also at this time when I would normally fertilize with Turf Builder with Halts. Now, I know you cannot fertilize with crabgrass preventer on new seed as it will prevent seed from germinating.
My question: If I fertilize with Halts first, then put in loam in the low spots and then seed, resulting in the Halts being below the loam and not on top, will it still prevent the seed from germinating? Any suggestions? I prefer to not wait till fall for seeding.
I live in New England and my grass type is a blend of Bluegrass/Rye/Fescue.
Leaks! Leaks! and more Leaks!
and notice the sales pressure from many inside compa...
Step 1 Fertilization
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 30 Things Everyone Should Know
- 25 Insanely Easy-to-Make Holiday Ornaments
- 20 Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 10 Classic Ways to Brighten Up a Dark Room
- 10 Houseplants to Improve Indoor Air Quality
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 7 Unauthorized Uses for Common Appliances
- 8 Ways to Make a Small Room Look Big
- Best Secret Hiding Spots We've Ever Seen
- Sweet Dreams: 15 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- 11 Ways to Winterize Your Home
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- 17 Creative Ways to Repurpose Cardboard
- 8 Cheap and Unique DIY Nightstands
- 15 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- Supersize Your Small Bath with 8 Pro Tips
- 8 Unique Ways to Build Your Own Table
- Woodworking for Beginners: 10 Projects
- 10 Houseplants You Can Grow ANYWHERE
- 10 Doable Designs for a DIY Rug
- 7 Incredible Uses for Salvaged Lumber
- 10 Bookcases You Can Make Yourself
- 7 Mistakes Not to Make with Your Fireplace
- The Easy 1-Hour Money-Saving Home Checkup
- Quick Fixes for a Fresher Shower
- Don't Try This at Home: 7 Dangerous DIYs
- 10 Ways to Redecorate Without Spending a Dime
- 16 Coffee Tables You Can DIY—Easily!