A number of years ago I took down a number of trees in my yard and ground down the stumps as much as I could. Now, where the stumps were, the ground has begun to form low spots due to them rotting. I would like to fill in these low spots and reseed in a month or so. It is also at this time when I would normally fertilize with Turf Builder with Halts. Now, I know you cannot fertilize with crabgrass preventer on new seed as it will prevent seed from germinating.
My question: If I fertilize with Halts first, then put in loam in the low spots and then seed, resulting in the Halts being below the loam and not on top, will it still prevent the seed from germinating? Any suggestions? I prefer to not wait till fall for seeding.
I live in New England and my grass type is a blend of Bluegrass/Rye/Fescue.
Leaks! Leaks! and more Leaks!
and notice the sales pressure from many inside compa...
Step 1 Fertilization
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 70 Gardening Tricks and Ideas for Beginners
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- Capitalize on Your Attic: 10 Inspirations
- 15 Once-Popular Items Now Vanishing
- 159 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 12 Garden Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Design a Rustic Bathroom: 10 Inspirations
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 283 Great DIY Project Ideas
- Picture-Perfect Patios: 10 Outdoor Spaces to Love
- 10 Clever Uses for Space Under Stairs
- 17 Backsplashes for a Unique Kitchen
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 16 Ways to Use Salvaged Wood in Your Home
- 108 Easy Outdoor Living Ideas
- The Right Path: 15 Wonderful Walkway Designs
- Decked Out: 12 Innovative Outdoor Living Designs
- 14 Room Dividers to Organize Your Space
- 15 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- 15 Unexpected DIY Flooring Alternatives
- 8 (Truly) Unexpected Storage Spots
- 12 Celebrities' Cool Pools
- 1 Dozen Ways to Maximize a Small Yard
- 9 Easy-to-Make Garden Luminaries
- Colorful Kitchens: 10 Bright & Bold Designs