A number of years ago I took down a number of trees in my yard and ground down the stumps as much as I could. Now, where the stumps were, the ground has begun to form low spots due to them rotting. I would like to fill in these low spots and reseed in a month or so. It is also at this time when I would normally fertilize with Turf Builder with Halts. Now, I know you cannot fertilize with crabgrass preventer on new seed as it will prevent seed from germinating.
My question: If I fertilize with Halts first, then put in loam in the low spots and then seed, resulting in the Halts being below the loam and not on top, will it still prevent the seed from germinating? Any suggestions? I prefer to not wait till fall for seeding.
I live in New England and my grass type is a blend of Bluegrass/Rye/Fescue.
Leaks! Leaks! and more Leaks!
and notice the sales pressure from many inside compa...
Step 1 Fertilization
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 30 Things Everyone Should Know
- 21 Expert Choices for Fail-Safe Paint Colors
- 20 Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 10 IKEA Favorites Made New with Paint
- The Tiniest Appliances You Never Knew Existed
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 8 Ways to Make a Small Room Look Big
- Sweet Dreams: 15 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- 10 Fall Door DIYs for the Best House on the Block
- The Cheapest Ways to Boost Home Value
- 10 New Uses for Old Doors
- 26 Easy Painted Pumpkins for Halloween
- 15 Once-Popular Home Items Now Vanishing
- 8 Unique Ways to Build Your Own Table
- Woodworking for Beginners: 10 Projects
- 7 Reasons to Reconsider Wallpaper
- 10 New Uses for Old Dressers
- 7 Upgrades You Can Do in Under 300 Seconds
- 10 Thrifty DIY Ways to Organize Your Home
- 12 "Different" Ways to Store Firewood
- 5 DIY Farm Table Projects That Will Last a Lifetime
- Beyond White: 11 Bathroom Paint Colors
- 10 DIYs for a Festive Front Door This Fall
- 10 Creative New Ways to Use Old Bottles
- The 10 Best Things to Buy Secondhand
- 16 Must-See Coffee Tables You Can DIY—Easily!