wet and frosty attic
You need to do one or a combination of three things.
A- Ventilate the attic space so it is cool and so moisture can exit the house, You might have ventilation that is not adequate, You should have one sq ft of vent for eery hundred to hundred and fifty feet of living space, asa general rule of thumb, and it should be vented from eave to ridge. Only one or the other does not work.
b - You need to have a vapour barrier to stop moisture from migrating from living space to the attic and keep the hatch closed and sealed too. The VB is normally installed during construction. There are VB paints you can apply to ceilings but they have marginal effectiveness.
C - You should reduce the interior humidity to around 20% if you can stand it that dry. people are more comfortable at 40% but houses are not.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 7 Surprising Other Uses for Mayonnaise
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 21 Ways to Spring Clean—Naturally
- Show Off: 9 Ways to Display a Collection
- The Best Paint Colors for Low-Light Rooms
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 8 Clever Storage Solutions for Pots & Pans
- 8 Creative OTHER Ways to Use a Closet
- 12 Tiny Gardens to Grow on a Tabletop
- 15 Eye-Catching Front Door Options
- 12 Places You Never Clean—But Should!