I am finishing my basement with 2x4 stick built walls(due to obstructions). I have one area at the bottom of the steps with limited space. For this section, I would like to 2x2 furring strips to attach the drywall. I have a powder nailer, but am concerned about moisture getting in or cracking the walls (poured concrete). I have seen suggestions on just glueing the strips to the wall with construction cement, but am concerned with how that will hold the drywall. Any suggestions?
I am thinking of going this route when I finish my basement this spring. i do not want to nail to the concrete and possibly cause cracks or moisture penetration points. I was just thinking of gluing furring strips with liquid nail or something similiar to the concrete walls.
Finishing Basement Workshop
Drywall on basement walls...
Furring Strips on Basement Walls
New home -water on basement walls after freezing tem...
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 13 Lazy Cleaning Tricks for a Spotless Home
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 7 House Sounds You Never Want to Ignore
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- Worth It: 8 Renovations That Pay You Back
- Organize Your Life with 12 Dollar-Store Buys
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- Don't Make These 7 Mistakes in Small Spaces
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 15 Totally Unexpected DIY Flooring Alternatives
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 10 Closet Cures That Cost Less Than $100
- 11 Easy DIY Projects to Declutter Your Home
- 10 "Zero Dollar" Garden Hacks
- 10 Killproof Plants for a No-Effort Landscape
- 9 Insanely Easy 1-Hour Backyard Projects