I am finishing my basement with 2x4 stick built walls(due to obstructions). I have one area at the bottom of the steps with limited space. For this section, I would like to 2x2 furring strips to attach the drywall. I have a powder nailer, but am concerned about moisture getting in or cracking the walls (poured concrete). I have seen suggestions on just glueing the strips to the wall with construction cement, but am concerned with how that will hold the drywall. Any suggestions?
I am thinking of going this route when I finish my basement this spring. i do not want to nail to the concrete and possibly cause cracks or moisture penetration points. I was just thinking of gluing furring strips with liquid nail or something similiar to the concrete walls.
Finishing Basement Workshop
Drywall on basement walls...
New home -water on basement walls after freezing tem...
Furring Strips on Basement Walls
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 7 Surprising Other Uses for Mayonnaise
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 21 Ways to Spring Clean—Naturally
- Show Off: 9 Ways to Display a Collection
- The Best Paint Colors for Low-Light Rooms
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 8 Clever Storage Solutions for Pots & Pans
- 8 Creative OTHER Ways to Use a Closet
- 12 Tiny Gardens to Grow on a Tabletop
- 15 Eye-Catching Front Door Options
- 12 Places You Never Clean—But Should!